Thanks jeepster. Is there a start point on angle of dry w., or does it change with the material you are running, seems like when ground changes you play with angle of box to flow niceley again. That dry mixer could save a lot of time it looks like, what a cool looking tool.
where did you get it? Rick

Hi Rick ,

I made my own , bought a cheap Chinese cement mixer new & converted it .

Best type are the ones that already have the bowl in two parts so you don't need to cut them in half .

Got some scrap perforated plate & rolled it to shape welded some bars to reinforce it then bolted it on with a 2 inch gap at the back .

Best thing is they are so easy to use & the gold can't get out of mine  ^_^ ^_^

Jack .

I really like this idea as far as the screens i can get a large variation in sizes of them anytime, truck airfilters have 2sizes of screen in them (round filters) I have a trucking co.and we go through a lot of them just throw them in a fire and they come out cleanready to cut to any dimension. I have used them for a lot of screening projects they are very durable, they act like they are stainless steel and the

Fire doesnt bother them at all. Go to any trucking co shop they would be glad togive them away im sure of that good burning barrel lids, also. Gonna build one of these for sure a guy already gave me an old mixer to start this project. Thanks jack for the great idea, my heads already spinnin!

• Like 1

Hi Rick ,

Good luck with the filters , that sure is an interesting idea '

The perforated plate I used can handle tumbling big rocks , those rocks do most of the work to release the gold then gravity takes over .

The best thing about these mixers is the return compared to using just a detector only , just take some samples first to check where the gold is concentrating then start shovelling  :D 

Have Fun

Jack .

No I havent yet, I think I saw that book before , just never picked it up yet.

its definatley been a learning experience with that big drywasher. A lot of double

Checking but gaining confidence now. Thanks steve.

RICK WATKINS. LET ME KNOW WHAT I OWE YOU

Po box 423 condon ore

Steve received book today, thank you skimmed through it looks like its got a lot of drywasher

information. I like all the history and plctures from many years back those old boys had it

figured out. Thanks again. Rick