New ATX Coils Finally Released

beav_can

About time - thanks Beav! Might have to get that mono for myself. Though with an out-the-door price of $450 I will have to think about it. I wonder if scuff covers will be available immediately or if that is another one of those afterthought things that drives us all crazy.

garrett-atx-new-11-13-mono-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 2

Steve, 

Is that US dolars, I have been waiting for this one to eventuate ? When will it be available in OZ ? 

Reguards Squizz

Garrett allows dealers to advertise items at no more than 15% off the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). US$529.95 x 0.85 = Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) of US$450.46

Sorry but I do not know any more than you when and where this coil will be available.

Everyone is happy with new coils for the ATX and that is great. Now myself I'd like to seen a land version of the ATX. That would cut the cost of the ATX by a third and the cost of coils in half.

Oh well I was just thinking out loud!

Chuck

Another nice feature of these coils is the center mount.  When I had my ATX it was a PITA to keep pushing the front of the coil with my foot to level it.  Nice improvement all around.  

Supposedly more knock resistant also. Sliding center mount, knock resistant, closed design won't collect debris, and 11" x 13" mono should get better depth than stock 10" x 12" DD. Might give up a hair on sensitivity compared to that hot inner ring design on the stock coil.

My intent was to use the ATX more this year in salt area and places where hot rocks get so prevalent as to make using my GPZ an exercise in patience. I do think I will get one of these but it may be quite some time before I could use it enough to report on it. I am looking out my window at 6" of fresh snow!