Made another 3D map, this time it's Barringer (Meteor) Crater in Northern Arizona.

This is a small map, if you would like better resolution I have it but it will be a slow load on most connections.

You can move around in the 3D environment with your mouse. Pan, Zoom and get Information from the features. Try typing in an "r" and watch the mountain spin in 3D. Type an "L" to turn on or off the labels. The "I" in the lower left corner will show you more options.

• Like 2

That's super cool, this resolution was instant fast on my cable (Comcast) connection and iPad and easy to navigate around, thank you.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SittingElf
      We are going to be moving to Tinker AFB, OK in June, but in the meantime, while still based on Eglin AFB, FL, I have been researching old, now demolished family housing areas to hunt before we leave.
      I have discovered a major housing area, where all the homes were built between 1955 and 1962. Still standing in 1969, but now demolished and open fields. Very easy to research using NETRonline Historic Aerials against current Google Satellite maps.
      The kicker of this area is that it is on-base, and due to very restricted access, these fields are very likey virgin for hunting. I expect a lot of silver, wheaties and more in the front areas of these homes, as well as the always-open fields behind the housing circles, where kids would play, and parties held. Only hunting them will prove out my theory, but I have four remaining weeks at Eglin to find what I can!
      Here are the Aerial vs. current satellite pics.  After we leave, I hope someone into MD'ing will be assigned to Eglin and find this post. (Of course, I hope I've already recovered ALL the silver!! LOL)

• By Rege-PA
      Maybe some of you already know about this and have the phone to support it. I have one of the flip phones that nobody wants to steal, so it really amazes me. On his phone he dials up google earth map and it instantly it brings up the boundaries, acreage and name & address of the owner.
      It would be fantastic to have the same ap for claims, showing owner and boundaries, no more accidental trespassing.
    • By Lighthouse
      So... I'm imagining a GPS device that has a direct link to GPS satellites, that pretty much can pinpoint my exact location anywhere on the planet, dually allowing me to drop pins and take notes. I feel like this device exists. Anyone have a link, or know of a device that functions this way?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      When Chris Ralph and I were down in Phoenix I was fortunate that Chris lined up a dinner with Barry and Leigh, the brilliant couple behind the new non-profit educational organization, Land Matters. The website at http://www.mylandmatters.org/ is your constantly expanding source of land related information, including:
      Library - A Library full of free maps, guides, books, tutorials and reference materials.
      Maps - Interactive maps for your area of interest. More being added every week.
      Articles - Factual articles written by those in the know. Information that you can rely on.
      Resources - Links and contacts to other communities of knowledge.
      Outreach - Programs that engage the community directly. Seminars, outings, trainings etc.
      I am far from done checking it all out myself, but this looks like something we should all consider getting on board with and supporting if possible. Check it out. I have added this banner to the rotating collection in the upper left corner:

and added them to my links list
      Barry and Leigh, very nice meeting you, and keep up the great work!
      Here is a link to the new interactive land management status map http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/Management/GetMap

• By Skate
      Anyone use this? I've read mixed reports on it in terms of android/apple and that it is out and being used and that it's currently not available for use. This would be a huge assist/help to me in hunting the areas I currently have permission for. I never quite figured out the GPS on my CTX and am hopeful my iphone can be integrated into my detecting.