The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

Ringmoney

According to the latest post on XP's blog the frequencies of the HF coils are different than published before. The 9" round HF is now 14-30-59 KHz and the Elliptical HF, available in May 2017 is now 14-30-81 KHz. With 81KHz the Deus V4 should be even more sensitive than the GB2.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/02/10/deus-update-v4-uk/deus-update-v4-uk.pdf

xp-deus-v4-specifications-details-2017-1-web.jpg

xp-deus-v4-specifications-details-2017-2-web.jpg

Hmmmm.... interesting. I was sold on the elliptical but now I have to think about this. I wonder what the true base frequency is? If 14 kHz then 81 kHz may be a high harmonic but will lack energy compared to a Gold Bug 2 at a dedicated 71 kHz. Looks good on paper though. I have to admit I am very skeptical of the May date now after all the other delays. So go for round 9" by next month at max 59 kHz or hold out for elliptical in May (maybe) at max 81 kHz?

I notice the exact dimensions of the elliptical coil are being left unsaid now. In earlier news it was 12cm X 24cm which is 4.72" x 9.45". Maybe different now?

They are now officially being marketed as Gold Prospecting coils, no doubt a disappointment to many - but not me!

xp-deus-vf-high-frequency-coils-2017.jpg

xp-deus-v4-logo-banner.jpg

Download the latest improvements! Download online the free update for your detector http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/deus-update/

The V4 software coupled with the new accessories will further enhance - performance, versatility and ergonomics giving you the ultimate Deus experience.

The new version 4 software and accessories have taken the DEUS to yet another new dimension with added performance and versatility. The new MI-6 pinpointer and innovative high-frequency coils have made the Deus far more adaptable to suit a wider range of search scenarios without the need to purchase several different machines to do the same jobs. The DEUS is therefore, once again, the perfect tool for today’s serious metal detector users.

New Optional High Frequency coils:

These extremely sensitive coils operate on a wide range of 21 frequencies, ranging from 13 to 81 kHz depending on coil choice. Search coils 3 base frequencies:

• 22.5cm (9”) Round DD coil: 14kHz - 30kHz and 59 kHz
  • Elliptical DD coil: 14kHz - 30kHz and 81 kHz

Each coil has a further 7 higher or lower sub frequencies to choose from, allowing a much wider adjustment range. (Previous Deus has 3 sub frequencies) The lower frequencies are intended for general use, they provide good sensitivity to a wide range of targets, the higher frequencies will take the Deus to another level… A level never reached with such versatility, accuracy and stability. You will instantly notice the enhanced sensitivity and the ability to find small targets that have previously been difficult or impossible to locate when searching mineralized ground with competing devices. Apart from the ability to detect through mineralized soil, the HF coils will enhance the signature from weak - low conductive targets or even highly conductive targets, that due to their shape or construction (thin or wired) are beyond the reach of conventional detectors, for example: open rings such as earrings or fine bracelets, wire framed artifacts, gold nuggets, intricate fibula’s, small coins, thin coins, etc. Finally, the new HF coils only weigh 350g and are equipped with the latest higher capacity lithium battery (850mA). The new battery is situated in the lower stem, this is a bonus especially if you are working in a remote area far from a power source.

• Battery life:20h at 15kHz - 27h at 30khz - 28h at 55 & 80 kHz

Specifications can be changed without notification.

PINPOINTER XP MI-6

The new MI-6 Pinpointer has a wide range of innovative features compared to other products on today’s market:

• Audio signal is transmitted directly to the DEUS
  • Interference suppression system between MI-6 / DEUS.
  • Lithium rechargeable battery with long battery life.
  • Waterproof: 6 m / 20 ft.
  • Advanced levels of adjustments via the DEUS:
  • 50 levels of sensitivity
  • Adjustable tones
  • 2 audio modes
  • Battery level indicator
  • 4 programs
  • MI-6 recovery mode - find a lost MI-6 even if it has been switched off for several weeks.
  • Fast one touch pairing between the MI-6 / Deus.

More information on the MI-6 advert : MI-6

Specifications can be changed without notification.

Version 4 New Features and Menus

1 New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

2 New Reactivity 2.5
This level of fast and effective reactivity is a perfect default setting; it represents a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.

3 Improved Programs No10 & No4
Prog 10 Gold field: Advanced audio response and reactivity responses have been added. Excellent performance especially when used in conjunction with the new HF coils…now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. Prog 4 Pitch: Added iron volume and the new reactivity of 2.5 has made pitch more dynamic.

4 Improved ferrous discrimination range
For those who search in all Metal, the negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 now makes it possible to hear ferrous targets which in the past have been silent or partially rejected. The lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have originally been rejected. The lower discrimination can also be an advantage when searching for difficult targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.

5 Ground Effects
Advanced ground tracking, especially on weak or low mineralized soils. Each frequency adjusts to its own ground effect value. Improved overall signal processing on difficult ground.

6 Display and signal processing compatible with the new HF coils
When using a 21-frequency HF coil, the display is now capable of handling detecting frequencies up to 80kHz (18kHz before), as well as 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

7 DEUS has a compatibility with a Smartphone
Target and ground data can now be sent via link to a smartphone. The new application will soon be available for the Deus, features include : Mapping of detected signals, view / save your search tracks, log finds plus much more, all accessed from and your smartphone (soon available on the web).

8 New program No 9 «HOT»
HOT «The Pro setting» this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.

9 New program No 6 «DEEP»
Pro setting for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing Improved Non motion Mode Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

10 Improved Non motion Mode
Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

11 Miscellaneous
Thanks to advances in software, the microprocessor can now work much faster. Navigating the menu is smoother than previous Deus versions, with improved processing. The remote control and the headphones still have a respectable battery life of between 18 and
20 hours.

• Normalization is now a menu feature on XP headphones.
  • The headphone volume is stored when the unit is switched off.
  • The serial number is now used as the coil name.
  • Deleting a coil is done by replacing all the characters with 0.
  • Audio tones now have a higher range – 120 to 993 Hz.
  • Target Normalization mode ON is now the default.

Note: When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.

Full V4 Change List:

• Reactivity 2.5, this new reactivity level is fast and deep, offering a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.
• Program No10 GOLD FIELD : Improved Audio Response and reactivity. Goldfield will give excellent results especially when combined with the new HF coils…Now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. The Tone menu has been removed.
• Lower discrimination range : For those who want more control over ferrous targets. Negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 makes it possible to locate previously rejected ferrous items, the lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have in the past been ignored. These new options also offer a big advantage when searching for specific targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.
• Ground Effects: Improved Tracking.
• Improved display and signal processing compatible with the new HF 21 frequencies. The display now has the ability to handle detection frequencies up to 81 kHz (18 kHz before), now with 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).
• DEUS is now compatible with a smartphone: Target information and other data can be sent by radio link to a smartphone. An app will soon be available to unlock these features.
• New program No 9 "HOT" : "Pro setting" this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.
• New program No 6 "DEEP": "Pro setting" for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing.
• Improved Non motion / static mode: Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better overall performance, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.
• New processing : Dual processing power improves navigation and a range of other parameters. remote and headset battery life has slightly decreased to 18 and 20 hours respectively.
• Normalization display is now a menu feature on the WS4 and WS5 headphones.
• The headset volume is now stored when switched off.
• The coil name in the coil menu have gone, the serial number is now used as the coil reference.
• Erasing a coil from the list is done by replacing all characters with 0.
• Audio tone can now be raised up to 993 hertz
• Target Normalization mode is on by default (Normalization is not active with HF coils)
• When turning OFF the remote control to use only the wireless headphone, the coil restart

Generally higher frequencies require less windings and therefore high frequency coils can weigh less than low frequency coils. The normal XP DEUS 11 " coil weighs 480 grams (1.06 lbs) and the weight of the 9" stock coil is 420 grams (0.93 lbs).

The new coils are being advertised at 350 grams (are they the same?) or 0.77 lbs. Lighter but does this include the weight of the battery, which is now separate and inside the lower rod?

Any cut in weight is good since the DEUS is nose heavy. What I think is interesting here is the possibility of a much longer life battery mounted under the elbow, extending the operating run time and balancing out the detector. Aftermarket people take note!

• Like 3

I wont be surprise if a new machine is released soon...............where is the improvement of the beach mode.????......if XP release a powerful beach VLF based on the deus concept but working like a CZ they will take another slice of the market waterproof control box ,but same stem and a larger coil with battery in the stem......

I am pretty sure they realised that having the battery in the coil was limiting how much you could "push" the coil after a while ...the coil must detect itself (batterywise).

Just my 2 cents.

RR

A U.S. dealer is listing the 9" round HF coil as available for pre-order with an Internet price of $425.00. This coil will supposedly be available in March. The HF elliptical is to follow in May - no word on pricing there yet but should be about the same.

I am going to hold out for the elliptical coil. I have the standard 11" round coil already for larger deeper targets so going as small as possible offers me more benefit. I am as much interested in the 5" width as I am the higher frequency. I still think coin and relic hunters are underestimating what the elliptical coil at 14 kHz is going to do in thick trash versus the 9" round coil. At half the width it is bound to get between trash items better to reveal hidden targets.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I still think coin and relic hunters are underestimating what the elliptical coil at 14 kHz is going to do in thick trash versus the 9" round coil. At half the width it is bound to get between trash items better to reveal hidden targets.

I agree! but i wll wait the F75 DST on Fast mode is fast very fast especially with the tiny elliptical will the deus beat it ....i ll read the reviews before i invest more fund into the deus.I asked Mr Loubet one day if he could do a smaller coil he said the market for those coils is very small,also at the time he couldt because of the battery in the coil.............now with the battery in the stem we are talking different business.

RR

MD-Hunter has a Good pictorial review of the new 9" round HF coil. What all comes in the box and how the new "battery in lower stem" setup works.

Kind of bums me out the 9" round shipping now but having to wait a couple more months to lay hands on the elliptical version. Realistically I am not going to have much use for one the next couple months anyway, so I guess I am just jealous!

The video below is in French but worth watching. Near the end he weighs the standard 9" round at 350 grams against the new 9" HF round at 355 grams plus 30 more grams from the external battery. At 385 grams you will be swinging more weight on the end of the rod versus the standard 9" coil. The elliptical may come in lighter and therefore closer to the weight of the standard 9" once the battery is included.