16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Can someone in the USA purchase this detector and if so from where?

Don't think it has FCC compliance for sale or export to the USA yet? From what's been said on the AEGPF forum overseas sales are a long way off? It's reportedly up to a 2 month wait for one Downunder.

I wish to stress again that the QED "works relatively best in the less mineralised soils for small gold." Together with good ergonomics, this is clearly its niche. This is my sincere advice based on my experiences with the QED.

To respond to some queries around the net: Obviously the QED was tested thoroughly on a large range of gold, up to several tens of ounce nuggets, and in a variety of soils.

I draw readers attention to the inference of what I've written in the review:

"Beyond the scope of the above suggested (QED) prospecting (very small gold & patch hunting mainly in relatively unmineralised soils), I choose not to comment further, other than we will not be using the QED for purposes other than secondary activities, and still intend to use other well-known detectors for primary prospecting activities because of their other advantages."

JP

• Like 5

What coil(s) did you guys use for which parts of the testing?

18 minutes ago, jasong said:

What coil(s) did you guys use for which parts of the testing?

A range of different sizes, 8" as mentioned and 15" x 12" Commander Mono's for 'size for size' comparison with the GPZ14, plus many others. 

JP

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldenoldie said:

There are some impressive test results on larger gold with the QED in a comparison test against the GPZ and GPX now  posted on the Finders forum here in Oz.

Can you post a link to the thread?