Sign in to follow this  
rob baum

Picked Up A Minelab Pro-Sonic

i was at the pleasonton gpaa gold show yesterday and got my hands on a pro-sonic.  there price is $269 and they said they shipped them out to all the vendors on friday so everyone that wants one should be able to get one shortly.

thumbnail_20170212_072634.jpg

i hope to get out this weekend with it hooked to my sdc so well see how it does by itself and with the treasure screamer plugged in.

Rob, the Pro Sonic already has 3 watts of amplification built into it; adding the screamer on top of it would be overkill. But it would be interesting to hear what it sounds like...if the external speaker survives😀

IMG_0454.thumb.PNG.1cd1c8bc9d6c478a78c30da9916e9841.PNG

• Like 2

I was able to take this out a week ago and got a few hours in on it with my sdc2300.  although I didn't find any gold it was really nice not getting tangled up on the bushes.  as far as the volume goes it is plenty loud with the head phones but when I would unplug them to let my friend here the target, the speaker was way to low.  I plugged in my amp and external speaker and it was much better.  I couldn't notice any delay at all with the unit although I would get some kind of interference every once in a while as if the unit was loosing connection.  I tried wiggling the wires and other things but could not figure out what was doing it.  I plugged it in my friends x-terra 705 for a few minutes and didn't seem to have any interference.  I hope to get out with it some more soon to see if it was the area I was in or its my detector not playing nice with it.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,147352
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Garrett has released a new set of headphones with built in proprietary wireless capability, the Garrett MS-3 headphone. These headphones can interface directly with new Garrett models with built in wireless, like the new Garrett AT Max. They will not work with anything other than Garrett Z-Lynk compatible detectors and accessories.
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk™ Wireless Headphones PN: 1627710 MSRP $119.95
      Built-in Z-Lynk receiver. High-fidelity audio. Volume control. Adjust signal levels to suit individual hearing requirements and to enhance weak signals. Comfortable headband and ear cushions. Folds down for easy storage. USB charging cable included. Speaker impedance: 8 ohms Frequency response: 30-18,000 Hz.
      The new headphones can be purchased alone or as part of a system with a transmitter box that can work with any detector.
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk™ Wireless Kit PN: 1627720 MSRP $189.95
      Includes:
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones WT-1 wireless transmitter 2-pin AT connector to Micro USB cable—connects AT detector to transmitter ¼" Jack to Micro USB cable—connects detector with ¼" jack to transmitter USB charging cable Mounting band For any style metal detector with 2-pin AT connector or ¼" headphone jack

• By GB_Amateur
      https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/
      (From the ad:)  APTx LL, 10 hour run-time.  Looks like you could pair 2 of these together for a build-your-own (Garrett) Z-link.  What am I missing?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      These look like just the ticket for an Equinox....
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aria-waterproof-earbuds-bluetooth-5-32h-battery-iphone-headphones#/

Designed by audio's finest award-winning engineers, the xFyro ARIA waterproof wireless headphones brings next-generation technology to today's active listener.
      ● IP67 Certified Waterproof & Dustproof
      ● Bluetooth 5.0 - 2.5x more reliable & 10x data transfer for unparalleled sound detail & accuracy
      ● 32 hours of playtime
      ● Auto-pair - never worry about setup or pairing modes again
      ● Compatible with all iOS, Android Phones, Tablets, Watches & more
      ● Proprietary noise-cancelling sound seal tech
    • By Norm S
      1st of all I have tried the factory reset and that hasn't helped. The headphones are fully charged. When I try to turn them on sometimes I get a continuous flashing red light. Now when I  am trying it I am getting red and blue lights flashing simultaneously. I get no sound from them except when I turn them off I hear them shut down.. 
      Not sure what to do I sure hate to send them back to Minelab
    • By sdbirder
      I have an older set of wired Bose QuietComfort 15 noise-canceling travel headphones and stumbled onto a clever, low profile Bluetooth upgrade for them. I just bought the BTunes Wireless Bluetooth Adapter on Amazon for $59 a couple weeks ago. They sound GREAT, have a better than the advertised battery life of 10+ hours (I'm on 12 hours now), easy to charge and best of all they sync up with my Minelab Equinox 800 in AptX low latency mode!!!
      I got the Bluetooth upgrade specifically for air travel but I figured some of you may want to know about this.
      Highly recommended!
      https://thebtunes.com/