JP On GPZ 19 Compared To GPZ 14 - With Video!

Great instructional video. Thanks JP. I am impressed with my 19 coil and its depth capability but have yet to come to grips with the best settings for certain locations. I need to put the 19 on the stick and leave it on for a while...now the grass has been chewed down to a workable level in the places I detect. RDD

Haven't watched it yet due to limited and expensive service out here but looking forward to it.

Me having a thick head, sometimes things need to be watched a bunch of time before they sink in. So can it be downloaded for watching at your leisure or can you only watch it on line?

Another great contribution JP and Steve.  Got a bit of a kick in the last part of that vid watching JP dig like a honey badger and hearing the pitch of the detector shoot off like an angry humming bird. Hahh 🙂

• Like 2

Definitely pick on the clue advice he is giving about the super fine tuning of the gb by pumping the coil, by making the user button in manual.  He threw out this tidbit of information when the 7000 first came out. But it is the most important part of this video IMHO.

• Like 2

Good point Scott. I too have made the user button option to be able to switch to Manual tuning. It is a great way of making sure not to tune out a signal as you pinpoint and not throw out the GB while digging a target. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the video JP

congrats On a Good dig 

just don't know how those bits of gold are laying in the ground but the 19" coil heard it

Jp,

Thanks for the video, congrats on a nice nugget. I had a few questions...

1. Were you able see see what the signal sounded like on Extra deep?

2. Also if you switched to general normal how did the signal sound?

3. On the Minelab 19" coil ad it states you recovered a 15 ounce nugget, were you able to get this on video, showing what it sounded like with the 19"?

Thanks for your help, videos, and expertise !!!!

Dave.

19.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, inthemountains said:

Be careful in thinking one setting is the only setting.

That can't be said too many times. The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.

Nice gold you are getting, I like it!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That can't be said too many times. The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.

Nice gold you are getting, I like it!

In brief words MR Steve you learn me what is gold prospecting! realy i mean that..when u said (The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.) me and my people we spent years and years with zero yield  simply bcz  we use the others sittings regardless of their soil and gold.. our soil is similar to northern Nevada but not light its dense.. need help..

much thanks to u Steve..