Man Finds 5 Gold Bars In A Fuel Tank Of A Tank

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3291710/tank-collector-two-million-gold-bullion-military-vehicle/

Nick Mead, 55, discovered the five gold bars in the Russian T54/69 while restoring it to add to his collection of 150 military vehicles.

Gold is truly where you find it...lol.

• Like 2

Their trouble is only beginning now.  The thieves and the potential owners will all want a piece.  

We'll see if the smiles they have on the posing pictures lasts.

Mitchel

I volunteer for similar trouble :smile:

Funny part is pictures of gas tank, no pictures of gold. The gold bar photo is a stock photo of more than five bars. Surely you would not give it to police without taking photos of it. And who does not have a camera nearby these days? They say they were filming it.

Personally, I would not have called the police. There is no crime to report. I bought the tanks as is, they and what is in them is mine.

• Like 7

I'm with Steve, but If I found it there would be nothing I could find but tank parts. I swear, who finds gold bars in a tank of a tank and then reports them to the police? Couldn't trust one another?

I do hope they get a slice of the pie for being honest, at least.

Found this: at the link below. Seems no images of the actual find yet.

He added: “We didn’t know what to do. You can’t exactly take five gold bullion bars down to Cash Converters without questions being asked, so we called the police.”

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/04/09/guy-buys-tank-ebay-finds-2-5-million-gold-hidden-inside/

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I would not have reported the find......