Jim Straight?

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

Has anyone heard from Jim lately, I haven't seen him post in a long time and asked on another forum in a thread under his name, no luck, I hope he's ok???

Jen

I got an email response from him just a couple of weeks ago after I notified him that our good friend Smokey Baird had passed away. 

I would say he's doing just fine based on his reply:

"I'M doing good and now a surviveor at 87. Likely I will outlive all of my kids as three are now gone of the four.... HEY LIFE MAY NOT BE FAIR BUT IT IS WORTH LIVING TO THE HILT... "

• Like 8

Guest Jennifer
9 minutes ago, Lunk said:

I got an email response from him just a couple of weeks ago after I notified him that our good friend Smokey Baird had passed away. 

I would say he's doing just fine based on his reply:

"I'M doing good and now a surviveor at 87. Likely I will outlive all of my kids as three are now gone of the four.... HEY LIFE MAY NOT BE FAIR BUT IT IS WORTH LIVING TO THE HILT... "

Awesome, that's a relief.... thanks Lunk... that's what I wanted to hear.

Jen

2 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Awesome, that's a relief.... thanks Lunk... that's what I wanted to hear.

No problem Jen; I certainly like Jim's philosophy!

Jim is a member of the San Bernardino Valley Prospectors. He often attends the monthly meetings. The club also named one of the their claims after him. He is a wealth of knowledge and shares with everyone he meets.

• Like 2

Hi All

I just sent Jim a email telling that so many want to know how he's doing.I have his mailing address but wanted to check if it was okay to give it out. Some of you may have it already but I needed too if it was still good.

The last time I'd heard from Jim was New Years.

I'll post again when I hear from him.

Chuck

• Like 2

Hey All

I did hear back from Jim and he sounds okay. He let me know that in Jan 2018 he'll turn 88 and he called me a kid at 76.

He talk about a 8th Edition on one of his books. I know Rob and some others sell Jim's prospecting books But I just don't keep up what is the latest.

I sure Jim is not without pain and trouble as like all as we get older but that's life.

I guess the best is go to a forum where he has posted and send him a PM to let him know you care for his well being.

Chuck.

• Like 1