What Was Your 1st Detector?

Well it's a bit embarrassing...but Minelab GPZ 7000 and SDC 2300 bought on the same day.  Might seem like overkill to have started with the best but glad I did. 

April 2016. 

• Like 4

1986 Whites 6000 DI Pro.  I still have it and it still works.

79 Bounty Hunter RB7, AU dealers had sold out all Deepseekers & 6000Ds. On defragment of brain total number around 30 to date, all brands. Most productive A2B, GM2 and Mls PIs in that order, but the Zs getting there.

1972 White's Coinmaster IV T/R, just before disc was invented. No ground balance either. Still found a lot of silver with that detector though because there was lots of silver to find back then!

I have a list on my profile of 84 detectors I have used and I know I have forgot a few. Owning a detector shop it was just part of the gig for me for many years and old habits die hard.

• Like 5

I hate to admit it, but when I first learned that gold nuggets could be found with a metal detector, I rushed to the nearest Radio Shack and bought their cheapest model; I didn't have it long before I realized that what I really needed was a Fisher Gold Bug 2. Since then I've owned over a dozen detectors that I can think of. 

• Like 2