GPZ 7000 Display

I purchased my Zed in mid-2015, and since then I have complained about the display being difficult to see clearly. Then yesterday I realised that it is a "sunlight-readable" display, presumably similar to what is used on some of the later Garmin GPSs. That is, when the display is in full sunlight it can be seen very clearly. I'm assuming most people here probably already know this, but I've mentioned it in case there are one or two others out there who are as smart as I am and taken nearly two years to work it out.

Col 

2 hours ago, Col Douglas said:

I realised that it is a "sunlight-readable" display,

You have found the back light I am assuming. I rarely use it but sometimes it's necessary.

I can't read mine without the sunlight ... takes all kinds I guess.

I thought the back-light would run my battery too fast.

Mitchel

I have four miniature dachshunds - my little girls! Combined they roughly replace one human infant. I am a light sleeper, and somebody will bark. Or somebody else will want out. This happens almost every night, and often multiple times per night. So answer - no, I really do not seem to sleep sometimes. When I am waiting for one to go out and do her business or am now just up and can't fall back asleep I will check the forum. Now you know the rest of the story!

"I thought the back-light would run my battery too fast."

I always have the backlight on full, and my GPS is always on, and nearly always recording. I have only ever a couple times detected so long in a single day as to run short on a full charge. I charge every night. If you do so, I would not worry about the backlight being on. The screen is transflective and works best with bright reflected sunlight (at just the right angle) but the backlight helps under nearly all other conditions.

steve-herschbach-gold-nugget-found-minelab-gpz-7000-nevada.jpg

• Like 1

Come on Steve, we know what your real baby is ... The Forum ... and it keeps you up ALL the time!  :wacko:

I bet that nugget sounds REALLY good in your ring hand!

I hope it is yours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want the BEST display possible go out and get an anti-glare screen protector.

Last week I went into my local Radio Shack and about the only thing they had left were screen protectors.  I have bought these in the past and put them on my detector screens.  It is not a big improvement from my perspective.

I didn't buy the right product it seems.

I now have bought the ANTI-GLARE kind.  BIG difference

Hurry out to your local Radio Shack before they close and get 3 of these protectors made for digital cameras and camcorders.  My brand was PointMobl.  They are easy to cut because they already have rectangle lines you can follow.

You will feel great outside day or night.

Mitchel

You will see the screen!  You will see it better ... now let me see ... I didn't have my polarized sunglasses on so I don't know what the screen will look like but it is sometimes unreadable with my sunglasses.

You'll just just have to face the sunlight Mitchel and turn your head 90 degrees (for the sunglasses).  Everyone will be like... what the heck is that crazy man looking so cock-eyed at?  LOL

• Like 1