New Garrett AT Max

Cheers Steve!

On the 'Z Lynk', I already have a set and love it. But I have a conundrum?
I like to use the "Clear Sound Easy Stow" headphones that were supplied with the Ace 400 simply because they can 'flatten out' and drape around the 'collar bone holes' so the sound is facing UP
But, if I do that and attach the Z Lynk box to the stem of the MAX, will there be a clash?  Is the wired in Z Lynk 'On' all the time or only when the New WS3 phones are turned ON?"

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It is not just Africa Des - not a lot of Garrett prospecting detectors being used by prospectors in the U.S. either. The ATX is used more by beach and relic hunters than by prospectors from what I have seen, and the AT Gold is not something you see often in the goldfields here. It just looks like an alternative for coin and relic hunters from all the posts seen on the forums. Apparently the Garrett marketing machine does not extend into Africa. Minelab and First Texas have significant "boots of the ground" there as does XP apparently. You don't have to rely on accident and word of mouth. It may have started that way but that's not the way it is now.

However, Garrett is extremely successful at what they are doing, and that is building extremely popular bang for the buck products that appeal to huge numbers of people, plus a significant security detecting division. The success of the AT series and the Pro Pointer are the envy of the industry, and I think we will be able to count the Z-Lynk wireless system as another Garrett home run. The AT series is very popular not just in the U.S. but in Europe. I think the gold prospecting area suffers a bit simply because Garrett is so successful in other areas.

I said it before and will say it again. The AT Max is a significant upgrade to the AT series and will no doubt sell as fast as Garrett can build them. For a lot of people in the country it can be the only detector they own.

I agree Steve, the started with a short video of something to come then as excitement was building out comes another short video with more information and mystery.  They know how to use social media to boost sales.  That will give the edge and boost sales.  Other companies will wait until a machine completely finished and then release information.  But by that time some loyal customers might have already switched to Garrett.  The same thing happens in industry, customers are always on the look out for something that interest them, then they buy.  Garrett is on top of their game.

23 hours ago, Des D said:
Cheers Steve!

On the 'Z Lynk', I already have a set and love it. But I have a conundrum?
I like to use the "Clear Sound Easy Stow" headphones that were supplied with the Ace 400 simply because they can 'flatten out' and drape around the 'collar bone holes' so the sound is facing UP
But, if I do that and attach the Z Lynk box to the stem of the MAX, will there be a clash?  Is the wired in Z Lynk 'On' all the time or only when the New WS3 phones are turned ON?"

Sorry Des, I just don't know. Hopefully Garrett will post an owners manual one of these days.

garrett-z-lynk-headphones.jpg

"Cheers Steve.

I'd say it would not turn on the internal Z Lynk if a separate transmitter was placed on the stem?

The other good part of this is, I think the WS3 phones should work when used on any other detector with a stem mounted transmitter?"

Well I hope so on all the above Des. As soon as I got wind of the Z-Lynk system I sent an email to Garrett urging them to make sure that wireless built into a detector would work with the separate receiver module and regular headphones, for people like me that have headphone preferences. And conversely the Z-Lynk headphones should be made to work with people who have existing Z-Lynk systems. I have to admit I have found it annoying that Minelab has made every version of the WM system incompatible. Hopefully Garrett has avoided doing the same.

• Like 1

This is what I received from Garrett concerning a USB port for software updates:

Hello Mike,

All Garrett detectors are manufactured with up-to-date, fully tested software and we do not send out updates to the programming as everything is set before they go into production. As this is the case for all units, we do not build USB compatibility into our detectors at this time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Tnsharpshooter

Video, Aqua Chigger using and talking about it seems final version At Max.

Another video.

At Max and At Pro compared.

Separation test and coin(s) below nails.

• 1 month later...

I have just got my Garrett AT Max and have taken it out a few times now. It is far superior to the Garrett AT Pro and Garrett AT Gold. I have owned the GTI 2500, I've used White's machines and mine labs are just too darn expensive. The AT Max out performs other detectors that are $2,000 machines. For the money you can't beat it. It's a great little machine that's light waterproof easy to take apart and put in a backpack and pretty darn fun.  This is my quick air test at max vrs at pro.  Watch "Garrett AT Max metal detector" on YouTube. if your looking for a awesome detector this is it.