Minelab And Customer Communications

I have a formula I use with engineers (mechanical, electrical and programmers). When they give me a commitment date, for example 2 weeks, I will raise that time to the next level of time and then double the number, thus 2 weeks becomes 4 months. In my numerous years of dealing with engineering folks in a number of capacities my formula has been correct much more often than it has been wrong. Much to the chagrin of my engineering co-workers. I look at the communications of most all the tech companies the same way. If I'm hot for some new world beater product - reality sets in and I turn up my patience and am thrilled when it does finally does arrive especially if more than half of the promised features actually work.

Mike

• Like 2

Crikey, you`ve scrambled me with that one Steve, I`m not just over the fence and now Ricks just come in with rocket science, definitely am over the fence, and in a diff paddock....................and I`m a SH Engineer.

• Like 2

yah the egg thing made complete sense to me...  :-) 

what doesn't make sense is why my wife wont give me the ok to get a GPZ....  something about rate of return. :-) so I stick to my good old gold bug...

• Like 2

You know guys I too laugh at the jokes. I read the reviews that was posted on here and the one I got in the mail today in my GPAA Mag. To read all the reviews so far has been uplifting . The reading this uplifting material is got to the point of not being that great anymore.

Myself and others like me have put their money down upfront and keep hearing tomorrow. May 8th was one of the tomorrows but now we don't know when the next tomorrow will be.

I just hope I don't run out of chap stick and where I need it,it's not going to last.

Chuck 

I guess without those quirky engineers, we wouldn't have much in the way of good detectors. But there is one detecting manufacturing company that has something the others do not......they have a Dilek. What a difference having a Dilek makes. :smile:

• Like 1

I seem to have the opposite experience - Minelab customer service has always been top notch to me and I wish more companies would do what they do. They literally overnighted me parts when I called since I was leaving town in 2 days and had no address in the field (and sent me an extra just to be safe), and always resolved my other issues right away. They called me back once just to check on me too. Apologized instantly the one time they made an error.

Nokta on the other hand - well, I still don't have a working detector after 2 years.  :angry: All that happened is I was referred back to Kellyco when I contacted them directly, the same Kellyco that had already botched up, and kept passing blame (and charged me for their errors in shipping) twice already.  Who then proceeded to keep sending me broken detectors with the exact same problems (I suspect they sent me the same detector back on at least one occasion). Now, 4 detectors later, still don't have a working one. Gave up. Posted about it twice, after trying all other avenues since Nokta seemed to respond to public posts - nada for me. Just a total and complete waste of $700 and being entirely ignored. A frustrating and baffling experience all around for me and I will go out of my way to recommend avoiding them, especially since even now no one has tried to make it good, just...nothing. Did people actually get customer service from Nokta or just shovelled off to Kellyco?

I'll take the engineers any day...

• Like 3