All great suggestions, and I will repeat a couple in my own list:

1. Ferrous discrimination
  2. Salt mode
  3. Small coil
  4. More memory for tracks and find points
  5. Import/export function (XChange 2)
  6. Brighter screen
  7. Clock on screen with audio alarm set
  8. User button flips between at least two saved "programs" made up of any combination of settings
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, klunker said:

6.5. An arm strap that would fit over a coat sleeve so Sourdough S. wouldn't have to detect in his tee shirt in a snow storm.

Nice one Klunker.  That one gets my goat all the time.

With my limited use of the 7000...I would have to say that my biggest wish is that I could save programs like I do my ctx. Most importantly going from gold mode to ground type. If I could do this faster I would be happier. 

strick 

• Like 3

1.) Deeper

2.) Deeper

100.) Deeper

101.) Lighter

I'll buy another if so. Out of the game until that point.

• Like 3

1. A signal graphic similar to the DFX but based on audio response with variable update speed, tie the baseline to threshold.

2. A reading on current GB so I can see when it begins to struggle instead of guessing with my audio

3. The ability to suspend coil operation temporarily while digging, taking a break or just going over to see what my mates found and compare signals.  Tired of having to turn things on or off and chucking the detector away so I can dig in peace.

4. As said before, on screen clock without having to open the GPS

Both 1 and 2 could be put together but would require a better screen.... 3 would mean a bit of circuitry or maybe programming... 4 should have been a no brainier for the engineers.

• Like 2

Thank you all who participated in listing out your wish for future ZED upgrades.

Top scores summary:

6x  people wanted ability to save settings so they could be switched back and forth

6x people want a clock to show on the front screen

5x people wanted a smaller coil option (elliptical would be a plus)

4x wanted password protection

4x wanted more depth

3x wanted a large wrist strap so you didn't have to wear a t-shirt while detecting

3x wanted better working for Salt

and there were many other good suggestions...

I'm curious to see in the long run, what direction engineering & marketing will take to improve their most expensive gold detector.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was out detecting today and thought of something I would like to see in a 7000 software update.    In "ground type" instead of having Normal, Dificult and Severe, have it like the volume control, constantly variable.   Severe 50, Difficult 25, Normal 1.
I was detecting in ground today that the 7000 appeared flat or listless in Difficult but every time I switched to Normal it was just way too noisy. I think this would have been good ground to set the detector at say 12 ground type.  Dave

• Like 2

Phoenix, I'm not sure if that parameter can be variable but I agree 100% with you and I think I've seen others make the same comment - sometimes Normal is too much accelerator and difficult is too much brake - something in between would be nice. 

• Like 2