Steve's Old Stomping Grounds

After an unfruitful couple days in NorCal (only a couple specks), heading down to Crow Creek with the GPAA guys for 5 or 6 days and hoping Steve left something behind! It's the only place I've found anything worth talking about so far, so here's to doubling it! GMT, ATX, Sluice and Pan...any other suggestions?

• Like 1

That's what I've got! My first (and only) two little nuggets were using that down there last year. Made a nice pair of earrings for my wife though. Still got a lot of equipment to pay for...

If S.H. has been there your endeavor is hopeless. Take a good romance novel to to entertain yourself. I wish you the absolute best of luck as good romance novels are harder to find than gold.

• Like 3

Take a grill and some steaks.  Steve didn't leave that sort of stuff either.

Mitchel

You guys are too funny :biggrin:. Good news is I left LOTS of gold at Crow Creek Mine. Below is typical of what I might find metal detecting at Crow Creek. Wish I had some brilliant tips besides just work hard at it and good luck! The best advice I can offer anyone who has not been there is to read my Crow Creek stories at Steve's Mining Journal

IMG_0418.JPG

Here are a few Crow Creek nuggets I found several years ago with a GMT when I was there for a day.  Fun place!  Wish I had the chance to go more while I was there.  Found these in the side of the bank across the creek.

Bryan

image.jpeg

• Like 8

My best day yet! Most nuggets, biggest, and probably most weight. Not a lot, but it sure was exciting! Got a really nice specimen too, but I'll see if i can get a picture.

IMG_4658.JPG

• Like 5