Monster Getting Banged By At Least One Aussie, Already

If we are going to discuss reviews please link to them. I assume this is about argyle's post here.

There will always be those who want a detector to be something it is not.

Maybe if the words "entry level" are just repeated over and over....

Here are some better reviews http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t25227-gold-monster-1000

I would still like to see a side by side with the White's GMT.

• Like 4

Okay. . So i have been able to read a review where the GM1000 have gotten a good signal on a 11grain nugget a 6" in hot dirt and a 5 G nugget at around 10 inches screaming. . 

This test was done in a hot pi test bed and the 11 grain nugget was pulled out in the field on wet soil. Heres the review.  http://www.goldprospectors.org/News/News-Details/ArtMID/3269/ArticleID/201/A-Field-Test-MINELAB-GOLD-MONSTER-1000

3 hours ago, matt said:

The talk by most "in the know" has been that it's going to be great for beginners. Most of the people on these forums are far from beginners. I am purchasing this detector for my 9 year old son. I bought him a 2300, but it is just too heavy for him. This new VLF should be a lot easier for him to use. When he gets stronger, he can use the 2300 more often. This is a very reasonable price for what you get.

Perfect use I would say!  Light and simple ... the 2300 IS a bit hard for my wife to handle and she needs a bungy.  Now you have me rethinking ... maybe I need to get a Monster for her.  hummmmmm  (I promise I'll never use it!  haha)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If we are going to discuss reviews please link to them. I assume this is about argyle's post here No surprises there given the source.

There will always be those who want a detector to be something it is not.

Maybe if the words "entry level" are just repeated over and over....

That blog appears to be much to do about nothing.  Where's the real review?  It seems to be a STRONG opinion in Aussie speak.  I can't follow the terminology.  How can I learn what he really means?

Give me Kevin, Steve, Lunk and JW's reviews about actual finds and use in the field.

We need a few city folks to go back out in the deserts and mountains so they will know what we are voting for in the future to keep lands available. (I'm a city folk based on where I live!)

All this speculation about the Monster, the bloody thing is a switch & go VLF it is not meant to compete with the PIs or the Z, can`t wait to get mine I`m going to have some fun with it, but I know the Z is THE machine. $1000 machine`s going to compete with a $10000 machine?????????? MLs bloody good but...................

• Like 2

I would love it if Minelab made an SDC with MPF in a Monster housing!!! Imagine that?

Exactlly what we have been screaming for...................come on ML

Better still (if possible) a cut down Z in the Monster box. Don`t want much.............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I would love it if Minelab made an SDC with MPF in a Monster housing!!! Imagine that? :cool:

JP

Would buy one for sure...the SDC is a little awkward to use but it sure bangs the small gold. I finally put a different arm cuff on mine and now at least I don't have to fight  that any more. 

Once in a while you still dig a hot rock with any PI. Hunt around heavy trash for a day and you will either grab your VLF.. or go home! 

strick

• Like 5