Fred, I put the control part in my carry on.

The rest, 19 " coil included went in a large suitcase I found online and my big Minelab rucksack

I can carry the 19", 14", 11" for 800, 5"for MONSTER, the monster itself, the 800, itself,  and a bunch of t shirts stored around everything. I checked 2 of these large suitcases with 70lbs each of gear this year. I also checked the  minelab rucksack with 40lbs But I found I really don't need 40 t shirts and 128 packs of p-nuts.

I did need the 2 cases of p-nut butter and crackers, tho.

A lot of the stuff I brought will stay here this time.... I may even leave the 7000 because I don't use it at home... All I do in the U.S.is work a contract and then come back. Things have changed in my life too because i put in for retirement in May.

So when I need to I may zip up to Thailand for a break. Then come back. Of course, you know me well enough to know that I don't know where I will be at any given time... lol

A far as the challenge with Nirvic goes..it is on now!!!

A short story about my relationship with Minelab this year.

I hadn't used my 7000 since leaving last year when I was unpacking it at Dales I remembered I had marked a sensitive spot on it .When I squeezed on it it would let out a blip. 

I had driven the Goldhounds crazy about this intermittent noise last year and they figured I was just a rookie and to "keep swinging dammit!!! Lolol

So i called my beautiful friends at Minelab  Australia for suggestions.

Sarah asks me to send my old one down to her. So I did. Then I called to ask her what they found a week later. She said they haven't received the coil yet but when she receives my old one she would just send me out a new replacement that day.

I got a note yesterday saying my new coil will meet me at my destination,Yaaay!!!

Of course nite that I am in a bid feud with Norvic I can't say where it will be delivered...... as you ALL can see it is now a bitter rivalry between Norvic and myself....I can't trust anyone he may influence to "help lose" my new coil or delay it in any way..lol

I want to thank Sarah and the rest of the mob at Minelab for coming thru for me once again this new 2018 trip. You are the best!

PS Norvic...you better get back from the fishing hut asap or you will be way behind...

20180614_065613.jpg

• Like 4

Crikey Fred your a hard task master, but I sent him a new pair of flip flops and a pick sharpener as a peace offering. I`m also sure that strobe light on his vehicles dash is flashing indicating BBs drone has a lock on him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Norvic said:

Good stuff, Trent, just a word from Qlder to Qlder , you can loan Paul whatever no drama, just don`t loan him your Z. He`s misplaced Zs all over the US I believe, misplaced em in QLD, he`s probably the only bloke in MLs history that has a direct contact that will mail him a Z overnight  wherever in the world he is, gratis no questions asked.

Plus I don`t want him to use a Z as we`ve got a challenge going for 18 to see which one of us scores the biggest. Give him your SDC, your X anything but your Z.? 

Refer to rule No.1 mate, must be an expert on the dolly pot and pan before being promoted to professional tools ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Follow up from yesterday...

I had been noticing a vibration in the drivetrain and decided to have it checked while I was in Mt Magnet. 

(I thought it may be me vibrating after all the 5800 kilometers I just drove )

But alas my old mechanic ears did not fool me..I had both u joints going out AND the left rear wheel bearing.

The guy's here jumped right on it, had it on the rack in 4 minutes,  and ordered parts from Perth immediately...they did all this while taking about two other jobs they had to take care of that evening. 

My car was off the rack,  and they were on there way to there other obligations,  leaving me to go suss out some property Trent steered me to 

Yeah, if I'm sitting here waiting on parts, may as well be detecting, eh mates...

While I was out yesterday evening with the 19  I realized I am not up to speed with it yet... My shoulder was killing me in no time. Not the perfect starter coil for the season.

Think I will break out the ZEQ 800 today and see how she goes....

Life is good and thanking God the mechanics of the car held together until I rocked up here in MM.

FB_IMG_1529013824054.jpg

• Like 3

Crikey, that certainly was very fortunate to get over there without that bearing failing, just let me know when the starting shot is fired,  I can hear a bigun callin me, got the taste for it.........?

Trent on ya, keep him occupied away from the Z.....................