Getting A Good Price For Your Gold

No books that I have seen but a great video on making gold nugget jewelry. Learn to Make Gold Nugget Jewelry, Instructional DVD by Paul J. Badali

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Learn-to-Make-Gold-Nugget-Jewelry-Instructional-DVD-by-Paul-J-Badali-/111151310850

The guy that did the video has a great free article online at http://www.goldgold.com/making-gold-nugget-jewelry.html

I stuck with single solder point stuff because it is easy. If you have a good nugget with minimal or no quartz it is no harder than soldering electronics. Take that nice quarter ounce nugget, toss a bail on it and a chain, and watch the price soar.

Getting solder to flow correctly for overlay work takes more practice than I ever mustered up.

• 2 months later...

Last yr I found so many potential jewelry piece nuggets and had to sell them needing the $$ ...i wish I would have kept at least one... alot of nice pieces people bought from me while I was still in my wetsuit for double sometimes triple of their value...but that funded my mining equipt and food for my family so it was worth it... i have found in my travels that some people want what other people will talk about...

yeah if I found that big of a nugget...SOLD!!! LOL

If I was only going to buy one detector, and that was between the ATX or SDC. I would probably go with the ATX. Just for the added versatility of different coils. Both will work great, but I just feel the ATX with the optional 8 and 20 inch monos will give you more options with owning just one detector. Not to mention you can probably get the ATX Deepseeker that comes with the 12 and 20" coils and buy the 8" and still come in under the SDC price.

• Like 2