Northeast And The GM 1000

Northeast

Hi Northeast 

Mmm very nice bit and there indeed mate!!  You've gotta be wrapped with that mate.

I haven't used the bigger coil yet either only due to the majority of gold found around the Northeast Victoria region either being flour gold or very small nuggets and most being sub gram from what I've been able to find researching,  but still having trouble finding places to detect around this area , but I'm not very savvy on the computer/ technology side of things unfortunately. 

Anyway mate nice to see some nice gold being found with the GM1000 it's certainly a sweet little machine, I've been talking to another guy around bendigo finding plenty with it some beautiful little bits of gold! Just a matter of finding where it is and putting the coil over it.

Regards Hoggy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had an outing to Reef Hills State Park near Benalla in northeast Victoria today.  My first time there and also met up with prospectingaustralia forum member XIV for the first time. He was interested in learning a bit about the GPZ. 

He swung the Z and I swung the GM.  Lots of lead and rubbish and only 1 bit of yellow - scored by the GM :biggrin:

Not great GM ground as it is very mineralized with 4 buzzilion hot rocks. But lowered the sensitivity to 4, all metal mode and it was purring along OK. 

Not massive but yellow!! 

IMG_3505.JPG

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Nice Find Northeast

Some finds just have no business being found where you find them,

Take this one, dug out of a very early colonial cottage site on the Shoalhaven River in NSW.

This cottage was burnt down in the late 1880's and this was found in the burnt rubble, and is it self burnt

Yet this symbol should not appear until the 1900's how it got to be where it was found is a mystery.

20171207_021900.jpg20171207_021923.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egixe4 said:

This cottage was burnt down in the late 1880's and this was found in the burnt rubble, and is it self burnt

Yet this symbol should not appear until the 1900's how it got to be where it was found is a mystery.

And that coin even more so.  :biggrin:

The swastika has been around for millenia in one form or another. You can read until your eyes tire here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Historical_use

• Like 1

3 hours ago, egixe4 said:

That is a strange one egixe.  I assume the breast plate was brought back by one of our diggers from WW1 or maybe even the Boer war - either with harness intact or as is.  

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

The swastika has been around for millenia in one form or another. You can read until your eyes tire here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Historical_use

Interesting bit of reading GB. Had no idea the swastika was around before the Nazis :wink: