Tom Boykins Nevada Adventure

16 hours ago, MikePfeiffer said:

Tom, the way you present your videos makes me want to be there! Beautiful!

You took the words right out of my mouth.  It's obvious he has professional experience at this (the media creation, not necessarily the detecting :smile:).  Way to dig-it-all, Tom.  That 'tin' (iron) looks familiar.  I collected a goldpan full of that in Colorado mountains last month for my 6 hours of detecting, and I didn't even find anything close to being as nice as that ring.  But it was worth every minute.

• Like 1

Nice vid Tom..... Thank's for sharing.

Makes me smile.  Of course you’d avoid the trashy sites when you use the “always oversized” stock coil that comes with every White’s machine.  Put on a 6X8” Detech or the 6”concentric and those machines go from good to outstanding.  Of course the new mystery machine in the video may not have that opportunity just yet, but most certainly that MXT I saw could be outfitted with such.   Just saying....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 11:16 AM, IdahoPeg said:

Really enjoyed the videos Tom.....thanks! Hey, did you ever have that slug from your Idaho hunt tested? Brass vs gold vs copper vs slag? 

Haven't had the time but I found gold up in the Sierras with my GMT on a business trip. It was me, an SDC, and a GM1k. GMT kept up with both of em.

Still have the mystery slugs on my desk. When work slows down I will take them to coin shop. Until then they will remain shiny lumps of some kind of alloy to me.

At last I can say YES - I can find gold with a metal detector... Took long enough!

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.11.18 AM.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tboykin said:

Haven't had the time but I found gold up in the Sierras with my GMT on a business trip. It was me, an SDC, and a GM1k. GMT kept up with both of em.

Still have the mystery slugs on my desk. When work slows down I will take them to coin shop. Until then they will remain shiny lumps of some kind of alloy to me.

At last I can say YES - I can find gold with a metal detector... Took long enough!

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.11.18 AM.jpg

Congrats! That is a very respectable piece of the good stuff! ?

• Like 1