The Reg Wilson Gold Album

Reg,

Well folks, I don't think we are quite 'over' unless we make another thread but I want to know more about these machines and coils.

The pictures you have shown us include Mr. Candy.  I don't feel I have the proper right to call him Bruce but I will for the sake of brevity.  

Bruce was right with you in the beginning and provided you with some prototypes.  Was he ever one to detect with you much?  I think we would all like a bit of his personality injected here and then perhaps we can understand better the model changes (based upon your use I would assume) and of course the coils.

Did anyone help Bruce with the coils?

Would he ever want to comment on this thread?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Reg, I personally will never tire of the tales you have shared, fantastic reads.

Keep them coming and consider it a prelude to a book :wink:

• Like 1

Reg and JR,

This is truly a multi-layered cake.  There are enough pieces for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you for adding some personality to those things that I swing with a Minelab name on them.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Orange Roughie patch Post Script 2

On the day that the Roughie was dug up a car drove very slowly past on the nearby  road. We were aware that the secret was out, and it was obvious we were being watched. Shortly after, we arrived one morning to discover a number of fresh detector holes that we had not dug. We had been 'moonlighted'. Checking these holes we discovered that although some were very shallow, only penetrating the top soil, others were deeper, going down through soil, gravel, to the clay beneath. These would most likely have yielded gold. From the position of the holes it was obvious that someone had closely observed us and knew exactly what area we were successfully detecting.

To put a stop to this I hired a caravan (trailer) that day, and parked it on a section already detected and overlooking the area we were currently working. I then camped there, setting my alarm clock to ring every few hours, whereupon I would take a flash light and check the area. This was not an ideal way to get a good nights sleep, but it did work, and we had no further problems with poachers. I suspected that the car that drove slowly past was the culprit, and two years later I believed that this was confirmed.

I had just recently teamed up with John and Ian on the Pulse Induction prototype project, and we had only been in Dunolly for a few days when I recognized the suspect car pulling up outside the Railway hotel where we had booked in for what turned out to be a years stay. I had met the two brothers that alighted, and knew them only slightly. They were a pair of notorious 'moonlighters' from Ballarat. "G'day fellas", I said, "long time no see", and I invited them in for a beer. Over a cold one, and after a bit of small talk, I asked, "look, it's all water under the bridge now, but just how much did you blokes pinch out of Carr's Paddock?" They looked at each other and laughed. "Aha", I said, "so it was you buggers". One said, "well you're half right", we did go down to Rokewood with the intention of doing a bit of night time detecting. We parked our car right up near the old tip (rubbish dump) and walked all the way down Frenchman's creek , but just as we got to the paddock, a car came up the road, and as it went around the bend its lights swung out into the field, there was a guy out there with a detector, so we decided to give the whole thing a miss. "You didn't happen to see what sort of car that bloke had did you"?, I asked. "Well yeah", was the reply, "we returned via the bridge, and his car was parked down there in the bushes".

From their description, I knew that car quite well.

• Like 7

Sorry Ashley, but I can't reveal the owner of that vehicle, but should they ever read this post, they will know that their nocturnal escapades did not remain a secret, and their Karma will catch up with them, although from what I have heard it probably already has.

• Like 3