Minelab Pro-find 15 & Pro-find 35 Introduction

From http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=321022

Minelab PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers

F69C834C-0BAA-4E38-8BB1-50BC4962ECB7.jpeg

PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers assist in accurately locating targets at the point of extraction where a metal detector coil cannot fit.  This results in smaller holes, less environmental disruption and faster target recovery time.

The PRO-FIND 15 offers essential core pinpointer features and is designed for simplicity and ease of use.  The PRO-FIND 35 provides premium level functionality in a fully waterproof design for the serious detectorist.  Both models use VLF transmission and incorporate Minelab’s unique Detector Interference Free (DIF) technology.

More details are available on the PRO-FIND Series web pages:
PRO-FIND 15
PRO-FIND 35

Download the new PRO-FIND Series brochure here.
Download the new PRO-FIND Series Getting Started Guide here.

Read the Treasure Talk Blog "The new PRO-FIND 35 hits the spot!" by Mark Williams here. More blogs to follow soon.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks.

Watch the new PRO-FIND Series Introduction video here:

minelab-pro-find-35-pinpointer-studio.jpg

• Like 2

One thing I can see right away that I like about this new Pro-Find is the separate sensitivity control.  Using the power button on other pinpointers to work your way through a series of beeps to change sensitivity is so cumbersome that I just got used to using my Carrot on high full time.  If I really want to power down I just power off and use the ratchet meathod by turning back on closer to the target.  The separate control should make for quicker and easier target recovery..

Bryan

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 10:08 PM, Cabin Fever said:

If I really want to (reduce gain on Carrot) I just power off and use the ratchet meathod by turning back on closer to the target.  The separate control should make for quicker and easier target recovery.

Not arguing the advantage of changing the default gain with +/- buttons on the Pro-Find 35, but with both the Garrett Carrot and the White's TRX, you can temporarily de-sensitize by bringing the tip close (until you get a decent signal, but not right up as far as you can) to the buried target and then pressing and releasing the power button.  You can do this a handful of times (typically three or more, depending upon how close to the target you step).  To return to your default gain just take the pinpointer out of the hole and do a similar press and release of the power button.  All of this can be done without turning off the pinpointer.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip GB!  I did not know this.  I always completely turned off the pinpointer,  then turned it back on closer to the target to ratchet down.    Did not realize it could be done with a quick push of the button.  

Bryan

• 6 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 8:21 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Not arguing the advantage of changing the default gain with +/- buttons on the Pro-Find 35, but with both the Garrett Carrot and the White's TRX, you can temporarily de-sensitize by bringing the tip close (until you get a decent signal, but not right up as far as you can) to the buried target and then pressing and releasing the power button.  You can do this a handful of times (typically three or more, depending upon how close to the target you step).  To return to your default gain just take the pinpointer out of the hole and do a similar press and release of the power button.  All of this can be done without turning off the pinpointer.

I didn't know this either. NICE!  (Though the Carrot is now my backup to the ML 35). I have to remember this simple trick!!

• The title was changed to Minelab Pro-find 15 & Pro-find 35 Introduction