Sign in to follow this  
Mickey D

New To Detecting

Good morning all,

I just joined this site, as my wife and I have taken an interest to detecting. We enjoy riding out to remote areas on our ATVs and decided detecting would enhance our fun.

Looking forward to learning this new hobby and the adventures that follow.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jennifer

Welcome to the jungle Mickey, :wink: What area are you in?

Jen

welcome to the club.

ATV + Metal Detector = Adventure

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Guest Jennifer
10 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

you have stepped into a wonderful world filled with

possibility…have fun

.... and danger..... :ph34r: I just spent the day on Vulture Mine and had the poop scared out of me by someone trying to help me dig a target..... I don't know spideeees but it was huge and sure looked like a Tare Un Toooooola to me... ZOYKES!!!!

Oh... and watch out for cat claw... they just bounce right down your arm leaving drain holes along the way..sheesh

20171104_164709.jpg

20171104_142142.jpg

20171104_180648.jpg

Jen that is a tarantula, basically harmless bite like a bee sting. Wife plays with them all the time, lets them climb up her arms etc. Just one of the many fun creatures you find in the desert.

Don't like cat claws much myself.

Mike

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 9:44 AM, Guest Jennifer said:

Welcome to the jungle Mickey, :wink: What area are you in?

Jen

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

We are near Salmon Idaho. Lot of history and places to explore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Al F
      Howdy..... I've just started detecting a couple of weeks ago with an Equinox 600 and am still learning the howtos $ wherefores....I am from Gardena California, retired and would appreciate any suggestions and help....I'm also looking for someone to partner up with who also likes "diggin".....thanks ...Al F
    • By Michael
      Just registered but have been browsing these forums for quite a while and it has helped me a lot. Only started detecting a year ago with a Garrett Euroace and I've really enjoyed my new hobby. Just recently decided to upgrade and I've ordered an Equinox 800. I'm looking forward to it arriving and then putting into practice what I've learned here. Many thanks for all the helpful information that you've all took the time to post. 
    • By nuggetnewbie
      Hi all,
      I'm Ray in California. Just got interested in doing prospecting for recreation and enjoying the great outdoors.
      Not expecting to get rich, just thought it would be really cool for my wife and i to find some gold nuggets while
      we are camping anywhere near possible gold country. Looks like i found the right place with like minded folks
      that know a lot more than i do about it. I bought a starter pan kit and practiced a little on our last trip to Sequoia.
      Still have to master that, but i started thinking my chances would be better using a detector to narrow my digging areas.
      Happy Hunting!
    • By James Jackson
      Hello, my name is J.J. Im waiting for my first detector to arrive in mail. Garrett AT MAX. Im super excited and would realky like to meet some people to show me the ropes and make some friends. Live near Pittsburgh Zoo. Id love some help. Jacksonpgh824@gmail.Com
    • By Gatev
      Hi gyes , I’m new member in the forum and from one month I’m owner of Equinox 800 . I reading your post with interest . Mr. Steve Herschbach gives us priceless advices and everybody who own equinox too .I work with NOX almost every day in fields and woods. I finded few ancient coins . Great mashine , but need a lot of hours work . My program is field 1 , multy IQ , recovery speed 4 , iron bias 4 , 5 tones , all metal . I prefer all metal because I dont want to miss nothing in old woods and fields .
    • By Sigi0012
      Hello,
      i am from Austria (Europe) my name is Siegfried and i am 42 years old (sorry form y English) .
      Since 4 weeks i own the Equinox800 an 600, i hunt together wiht my son he ist 14 years old.
      We love the Equinox it is a first rate detector for us, we hunt mainly for coins.
      Findings from last week.
      Steve it is a great forum!

Regards
      Siegfried