Johnathan Porter GPZ 7000 Dvd

ken

Hello Johnathan the GPZ 7000 has been out for a while now, is there any plans to do a DVD. I could see how a soft ware upgrade could potentially make it harder to give any advice on settings as upgrades come along. Or is the whole thing a big head ache.

Ken, not trying to speak for JP here, he does that perfectly -  But I think the effort required to research, film and edit these amazing DVDs may be outweighed by the fact that the profits may not be enough to justify the effort.   

Also, the months and months it takes to photograph and do all the post production single-handedly only to have your DVD duplicated by counterfeiters is enough to give anyone pause. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Also, the months and months it takes to photograph and do all the post production single-handedly only to have your DVD duplicated by counterfeiters is enough to give anyone pause.

I believe you hit the nail on the head here.

59 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Probably the same reasons that the Goldhounds stopped doing there cool video footages of their outback hunts, adventures & expeditions loaded with heaps of cool info if you "read" between the lines & paid attention. I really miss those.:sad:

Cheers

JW :smile:

I have been wondering why the Goldhounds have not done a video of their adventures in the Outback for a while. 

All these gents are professional prospectors. That fact that they have taken the time to share their adventures and their expertise with all of us is a rare gift of their time and effort. Sometimes I wonder how many people have tried to follow the Goldhounds and JP to the places they have shared with us. I do not blame them for 'going dark' as it were - they have left us with amazing video records that we all can continue learn from.

• Like 2

Shooting video while trying to focus on prospecting - I am no good at it. I have to either be prospecting or I need to be shooting video. Guess which I choose....

And then the editing. So I just want to say I appreciate the effort put in by all those who have shared videos with us.:wub:

• Like 1

Hi JW and other members that have watched our vids. Yes you are right mate, we put them out there to show abit of what we do and hopefully some prospectors new and old could get something out of them to improve there chances of finding gold. And yes mate you hit the nail on the head, for NO personal gain.Anyway beside that we seem to have attracted a few unsavory prospectors along with a few mining interests that are acting in a backhand matter to try and secure our tenements.Have heaps of xids, but yeah now very reluctant to share on the web. Gold greed, still amazes me to what lengths some take. Sorry if this reply is off topic. Cheers Dave.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I concur with Dave, the problem of access on pastoral leases has over my time chasing yellow become a major. 40 years ago it was just a matter of approaching the lease holder and you were in but now as properties change hands and we lose that personal contact it is becoming near impossible to get permission. Theft of fuel etc, fences being cut, wildfires being started, mucking up roads when wet, cattle being butchered etc etc, we are reaping what we sow unfortunately. The privilege we enjoyed has been eroded simply by the total lack of respect a few show.

I started out on 4Ms with the belief that this electronic gold rush needs that those of us who are privileged to be and enjoy this era should share these memories by telling and showing of our finds, unfortunately because of some characters nature the repercussions of trying to leave these records has been blown away for me. It is a big ongoing negative of what is a very positive journey. I take my hat off to the Gold Hounds, to Reg Wilson, JW and others who open up, the pleasure you have given me by doing this cannot be bought, many thanks.

All brings to mind the truth in an old saying "Gold brings out the best in mans ingenuity, the worst in his nature"

• Like 6

Norvic,

Well said.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1