Equinox = Disappointment Coming For Dedicated Salt Beach Detectorists?

On 1/14/2018 at 4:47 AM, ☠ Cipher said:

My understanding of BBS/FBS is that it's not all that we've been led to believe it is. The idea that FBS would transmit, receive and process 28 frequencies simultaneously is pretty ambitious. On closer consideration, Minelab only claims to transmit 28. Carl Moreland, formerly of Whites, now First Texas, is convinced beyond doubt that based on his tests FBS only uses (transmits, receives, and processes) 2 frequencies, and the same 2 (3.25khz and 25khz) with the rest being harmonic echoes of the base frequencies that any multifrequency machine could claim to transmit and which serve no useful purpose other than marketing. The clever stuff to him is the sequence in which those frequencies are fired and the way the half life of the 3.25khz frequency is utilized. So it will be interesting to see, if all this is true, how a machine that actually uses (transmits, receives, and processes) 5 frequencies does in saltwater and if Minelab is downplaying it there for obvious reasons. One thing I found curious is when Steve reported what seemed to be no loss of depth from single frequency mode to Multi-iQ. This almost suggests to me that Multi-iQ may not be so much "simultaneous" as sequential, in rapid succession. 

My mate told me that the FBS at best transmit only a few freqs at a time . And maybe the Equinox will too ? Not being any good at electronics i wouldn't know and as long as they work i dont care either . In any case the fact still remains that they are the best on the salt wet other than a PI . The V3i is supposed to be multi freq and uses 3 freqs , are they used the same way as FBS or do they run together ? They can be used singularly too like or similar to the Equinox .