GPZ Vs GPX On Coins & Relics

Herkese merhaba. Şu anda minelab gpx 5000 kullanıyorum, ancak gpz 7000e'yi değiştirmek istiyorum ama nugget Hayır.Biz şimdi sadece sana sormak istediğim Bizans ve Roma parası var gpz 7000 Doğru seçim miydi?

"Hello to everyone. I am using minelab gpx 5000, but I want to change gpz 7000e, but nugget no. We just want to ask you now have Byzantine and Roman money gpz 7000 Was it the right choice?"

What I don`t know about looking for coins and relics from the Eastern Roman Empire would easily fill a encyclopedia, but I think you would be much better off with the GPX5000. The GPZ7000 has no discrimination what so ever so you would have to dig every target, be it a nail or a piece of wire or whatever. But with the 5000 you can run a DD coil and use discrimination to eliminate the real rubbishy signals.

Doğu Roma İmparatorluğu'ndan sikke ve kalıntı aramayı bilmediğim bir ansiklopedi kolayca doldurur, ancak GPX5000 ile daha da iyi olacağını düşünüyorum. GPZ7000 hiçbir ayrımcılığa sahip değildir; bu nedenle, her hedefi kazmaya, çivi ya da tel ya da başka bir şey olursanız olun. Ancak 5000 ile bir DD bobini çalıştırabilir ve gerçek çöp sinyallerini ortadan kaldırmak için ayrımcılık kullanabilirsiniz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Phoenix.(gpx is better choice with DD coil)

As in gold detecting  many detectors and coils are suited better and perform better( depend of many factors in goldfields.)

Last few months (being in Europe) i have been detecting with a few different detectors.

I am used to  operate with gpx detectors. In Europe i prefer  treasure detectors.( have few: ctx3030, garett AT pro, BLISSTOOL,.

I prefer to use treasure detectors due to their discrimination capability. Using gpx in ok but you are going to dig all day.

Have fun and stay away from archaeological sites :)

GoldEN

• Like 3

As you are after mainly roman coinage etc then my personal opinion is that the GPZ would not be the right machine for the job,actually locating the 'actual container or hoard' that contains coins then possibly yes,the GPX would be my choice out of the detectors that have been mention as its so much more versatile and of course the massive array of coils available both in DD or Mono format,the DD is the only option that offers some form of discrimination.

This then leads onto 'possibly' another option and one that i actually use and that is the Whites TDI Pro,i have found is pretty good for hunting on some of my roman sites including one roman villa site in the worst soil conditions going,basically its like black sand but 80 miles inland from the coast,so very few VLF machines will work on this site,but a TDI Pro will and does work pretty well,with the added secret weapon of using the 'low conductivity' setting i can still hit our roman and silver/gold coinage but reduce the amount of non desirable targets ie nails etc down to a very acceptable level.

Of course the TDI pro has another bonus and that is that the machine is also alot cheaper than the other 2 options that have been mention,please note that i am not saying its better in anyway than the Minelab options,but for the specific job in hand that you have mentioned ie coinage and possibly artifacts as well i guess then the TDI Pro does become a very viable and cheaper option.If i was after say only gold nuggets or that type of thing then i would go for the other 2 machines.

Of course what works for me and the detectors that i use for may specific detecting scenarios of course possibly would not work for others,this is another possible alternative that you may have over looked and one that i also use is a VLF machine and i use 2 Nexus machines because of the massive depth advantage over other VLF machine,but they offer not only real depth advantage but also very sensitive on small single coins but also the whole hoard aspect as well.For me i like have 2 options that i can/will use and that is both Pulse and VLF technology.

Of course this is only how i would use some machines in a similar situation as yourself especially when after single,multiple or hoard coinage situation and of course artifacts as well.What ever option you choose good luck in the quest and keep us updated so that other folks can benefit from your experience either good or bad from what you have learnt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1