New 61 Khz Makro Gold Kruzer

I'm watching these higher frequency units from a micro jewelry viewpoint.   Basically comparing how they stack up to the GoldBug II.   I'm glad to see more challengers coming up to bat.  

GoldBug II

Gold Racer,

Gold Monster,

Equinox 800 (had to re-read)

and now the Gold Kruzer.

Looking forward to hearing more about it.

HH
Mike

I sold most of my detectors recently, including the Gold Bug 2, but kept both the Gold Monster and Gold Racer. I can imagine the Gold Kruzer possibly replacing both those detectors with just one waterproof machine - assuming I replace them with anything at all other than the Equinox - that needs to sort out yet. For now the Gold Racer/GM1000 does the trick for me but I will be keeping an eye on the Gold Kruzer.

I was looking at the photo a bit screwie eyed and then realised you took the Multi Kruzer and put a Racer coil on it haha, nice job anyway. 

Yes I did a similar thing to you Steve, realised I had way too many detectors, so the Impact replaced the Racer 2 and Gold+, and the AU Gold Finder replaced the Gold Racer. But instead of getting rid of everything as a retailer I still need demo units, and my son is rapidly growing up :cool:

Knobs and switches of the Gold Finder is what won me over the Gold Racer, so not sure if the Gold Kruzer will pip first place, but that Micro mode has me intrigued... 

• Like 2

I think the Gold Kruzer is going to be the one for me.   Won't know for sure until I see the operating manual but at this point it is looking good. 

HH
Mike

Mike, the Gold Kruzer just looks to be a refined and waterproof Gold Racer. You can learn a lot about the Gold Kruzer by studying the Makro Gold Racer Manual until the manual for the Kruzer comes out. Rumor has it that information on the Gold Kruzer may lag behind the other models a little.

makro-gold-kruzer-lcd-display-controls.jpg

makro-gold-racer-control-panel-function-

Thanks Steve.

Just looking at the Gold Kruzer faceplate I get the impression that this is totally geared to low conductive hunting.   Gen, Fast, Boost, and Micro program options gives the hint that everything gold is covered.   Should be much better than the Gold Racer for my needs.

HH
Mike

I am not seeing anything that is significantly different than the Makro Gold Racer, which also is totally geared to low conductive hunting. A couple functions have been renamed but the owners manuals will have about a 95% overlap as regards functionality. With the price so close either the Gold Racer is in for a price reduction or the Gold Kruzer may simply replace it.

My guesses:

All Metal Mode has been renamed as GEN (General)

Disc 1 has been renamed as FAST

Disc 2 has been renamed as BOOST

Micro is new and I am guessing extra hot on tiny stuff? Or maybe a micro jewelry mode for beach use? Don't know.

This is not to say this is a Gold Racer in a different box. I am sure Makro has taken the time to tweak and improve upon the original Gold Racer circuit, and so I fully expect this to be an improvement on the Gold Racer. The 56 kHz Gold Racer DNA is clearly present in the 61 khz Gold Kruzer however, and I say that in a good way.

Here are a few nuggets found with my Gold Racer, smallest less than 0.1 grain (480 grains per Troy ounce)

makro-gold-racer-gold-nuggets-found-herschbach.jpg

• Like 4

I expect this will be a winner. I have found the Gold Racer to be a sweet little detector for general VLFin' and am would expect that the Kruzer is probably similar with some additional refinements done to the Gold Racer platform. People are expecting more from new detectors these days. Things like wireless headphones and waterproof are pretty much must-have to stay competitive in the current market I would think. 

• Like 1