Goldmonster Gold

matt

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Wish I had some gold nuggets near me to detect.  

Congrats on your finds.  Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

Thanks for sharing.

Well done .Good to see the GM finding some pieces on its own rather than just as a pinpointer for the Big PI units as seems to predominate here.its certainly a good detector for beginners and youngsters and a great detector for chasing gold caught in shallow exposed bedrock .

On 04/02/2018 at 3:34 PM, matt said:

I haven't been out detecting in over a year and probably twice in the past three years. Last time out was with a new to me SDC2300 with my 9 year old. He thought it was too heavy so I got him a Gold Monster. Now he is 10 years old and we finally got out today for a couple hours between soccer and basketball games.

Being an avid prospector and mainly an electronic prospector for many many years, I dropped all prospecting to spend time with my kids. It almost feels like I don't remember how to do it anymore? But like riding a bike, it all came back as soon as we arrived at our hunting grounds. What settings to use? Having only read Steve H's thread on the Gold Monster I figured we were good to go. I was right.

Six targets and four of them yellow in a two hour hunt. Nothing big, but that doesn't matter. We had a great time. First target with the new detector was gold! Nice way to break it in. We hunted in discrimination mode and figured out this machine pretty quick. Targets that repeat back and forth were the answer. The size of the target versus the signal response are amazing. I trained Slater for the first two targets on how to recover targets and now I feel we can go out and he can do this on his own. Digging all targets is always the way to go, but to go out and use a machine that only sounds off on non-ferrous targets was great for a 10 year old. What a great, easy detector! And it finds tiny gold!

We took a bunch of pictures but I am only going to post the picture of the little gold nuggets on the coil when we got home. No smiling face, but I can assure you he had a BIG smile! I think my smile was bigger though...

IMG_0248.jpg

Hi Matt

If your on Facebook there’s 2 great groups just type in Gold Monster 1000 and you should find then there’s 2 guys in particular that go out pretty much everyday and show there finds so there Very knowledgeably on the detector and very very helpful guys.

I’d suggest checking it out.

Lovely finds bythe way and quite big as the monster can find unbelievably small stuff.

Cheers Mate