Minelab Equinox - The Best All Around Detector I Have Ever Used!

Hi,  thanks for accepting me to this forum as I joined a while back, but have not made any posts yet.

Thanks Steve for your review on the Equinox and I'm sure glad I ordered one before Christmas.

I'm also looking forward on using it in a few places that feel hunted out, in the water and for gold prospecting.

• Like 3

Less than that for us Vets......15% less.   That leaves something special for our Christmas sock.   Finally a water machine thats more than just a waterproof machine.   I know some of the effort that went into making this a very nice water and beach machine that may well have many putting up the Xcals and CTXs....... especially if they are looking for some of that smaller gold we just cant get.    Thanks Steve ..... for some reason you were the only real info available.   Still havent seen it dunked....... soooooo my first step will be to drop it in the pool.... cross your fingers lol. 

When I first learned of the Equinox I felt a strong urgency it was for me.  My hunting buddies stated buying before actual release was not a good idea.   But listening to my feelings I ordered and paid in full for one anyway.  I don't have a clue where I might be on the list, but I was assured that very few people had paid for their machine up front.

I had paid for an atmax preorder with my dealer way back in june, long story short, the equinox buzz started before the max released. I just had a gut feeling about the nox so i talked to my dealer and asked if it was ok to switch my money over to an early preorder of the nox. Glad I did it,  I am first from my dealer so I will hopefully have mine to play with soon..

I just sold my Surf PI and I'm down to my excal II and my xp deus. If the Equinox works out for me as I hope I will sell one of the two and purchase a second equinox as a back up machine. I envision a day when I can have an equinox in both automobiles so I can be ready to detect whenever the opportunity arises. 

Steve;

The story of the Nox just keeps getting better! As a 40 year+ detectorist, I had a strong feeling that the things that were being said about this machine were ground breaking. I just had to order one right away. All the hours and hours out there enjoying the hobby, but knowing at the same time that you're only "seeing" a small portion of what's really down there. As a serious detectorist you couldn't help but dream about a future breakthrough that would change the game. I believe that day is here, and I'm so glad to be a part of it. It is going to be so much fun being out there with my sons, with a machine that gives new life to "old" spots. I'm truly looking forward to this year, and I thank you for this forum, and Minelab for my former detectors -  Explorer, then e-track, plus Excalibur ...... and now the Equinox!

• Like 1

Holy crap Steve.  If your words of wisdom have not started a new frenzy of late EQ sales, I honestly don't know what will.  Funny how I had 2 calls and 3 emails this evening...but I did not answer them as the Super Bowl was airing.

Now there is a way to make a bigger splash for next year, a commercial during the Super Bowl showing you using the new Minelab CSI  (Clear Screen Imagery). How has it been working out so far and do you think "seeing the actual target on the display screen" worth the upgrade and price.  I was told $2500+.  I don't care if they offer it for $5000, I'm in.

• Haha 4

Steve made a comment that I have been wondering about for a while. The EQ is so good that it actually surprised Minelab. I have been wondering about this. Obviously Minelab has realized that they could have easily priced this detector at $1500 and still would be sold out with preorders. People say "Obviously Minelab wouldn't put out a $900 detector that would obsolete their high end treasure machines". I am wondering if they have but only by accident. By all accounts this detector is really good and probably shouldn't be $900. Or is it just  that technology gets cheaper every year (cell phones, tvs, computers, etc) and Minelab is just getting ahead of the competition. Maybe Minelab has an idea of what other manufacturers are working on and the new trend will be excellent treasure machines under $1000. At this point I think there is a possibility they accidently made it to good and I'm gonna get one while I can. I do worry that they are going to overprice the extra coils now that they realize the EQ has become a monster. We will all know soon enough.

• Like 2