Eq 800 On Its Way, Now Which Pointer Should I Get?

Lighthouse

So... the 800 will be my very first detector. Ultimately I want to be a nugget hunter, but I'm starting as a coin and relic hunter to get a feel for the job and it's routines. Those factors in mind, whats the best pointer that's gonna be with me through it all? 

So many good ones. I'm just trying out my fisher f-pulse which has good features like 2 yr warrantee, waterproof, pulse induction good in mineralization, good depth, fully adjustable sensitivity, abrasion resistant.hoping no interference with the Nox , but there are multiple frequencies to select from  

Of course there's the new Minelab pro find 15 and 35(ferrous tone) should be good with equinox. that's just the beginning. Garretts always good choice too. 

1 hour ago, NuggetBuddy said:

Ultimately I want to be a nugget hunter, but I'm starting as a coin and relic hunter to get a feel for the job and it's routines.

I think the F-Pulse will do nicely for nugget and coin/relic hunting.  The F-Pulse is remarkably stable even at maximum sensitivity, and it can detect sub-gram items. Check out the videos I posted in the Fisher/Teknetics forum: http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/forum/12-first-texas-bounty-hunter-fisher-teknetics/

I plan on using the F-Pulse for sniping bedrock as well as general pinpointing for coins and jewelry. I have not tested the F-Pulse with the Equinox yet, but hopefully I will get to in the next week or two.  The F-Pulse does have the ability to shift the frequency to run with various detectors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I'm just trying out my fisher f-pulse which has good features like 2 yr warrantee, waterproof, pulse induction good in mineralization, good depth, fully adjustable sensitivity, abrasion resistant.hoping no interference with the Nox , but there are multiple frequencies to select from  

Good hear as just purchased an F-Pulse. I have read good reports on them.

My poor old Garrett Propointer has died after 7 years of use & abuse.

5 hours ago, tsunamiscott said:

I think the F-Pulse will do nicely for nugget and coin/relic hunting.  The F-Pulse is remarkably stable even at maximum sensitivity, and it can detect sub-gram items. Check out the videos I posted in the Fisher/Teknetics forum: http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/forum/12-first-texas-bounty-hunter-fisher-teknetics/

I plan on using the F-Pulse for sniping bedrock as well as general pinpointing for coins and jewelry. I have not tested the F-Pulse with the Equinox yet, but hopefully I will get to in the next week or two.  The F-Pulse does have the ability to shift the frequency to run with various detectors.

But has anyone yet tried using it with the Nox? I'm still obnoxiously waiting for mine. 

I really like MI6 from XP. The battery has a 90 hour limit (never verified by me just going by what I've read) and is waterproof like all the others. I have never paired mine to my Deus but I don't feel like I need to. I've used the Garrett's before and each one (black/orange) began to false over time. So far all is good with the MI6. 

• Like 1

Through many years of use and abuse my Minelab Pro-Find 25 is in need of replacement and I'm about to start the process of finding a replacement.

No matter what brand you decide on my recommendation would be to make sure its WATERPROOF, although most are these days.

Its amazing how wet it can get out there detecting, especially early mornings in parks.

Thank's everyone for your feedback. So... all roads at this point are "pointing" to the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, but for a really weird reason; the fact that it's bright orange. At some point, I'm going to set this thing down and forget it, or its going to fall off my tool vest without me knowing it. The bright orange is just going to make all that much easier to recover. HOWEVER...    

11 hours ago, Skate said:

I've used the Garrett's before and each one (black/orange) began to false over time. 

... this does concern me. How did you own them before they started to fail?

Garrets carrot will false in mineralized ground because they are sensitive.

If you do any kind of serious detecting "One pinpointer" is not going to stick with you through thick and thin....they break easily I forgot how many I have now. I recently bought a Whites TRX...used it one day and placed it back in my spare bag....not a sensitive as the Carrot. 

strick