The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

Sounds like KellyCo is overwhelmed by the Nox situation. Does anyone know if, when it sends out Equinox shipments, Minelab ships pro rata to the dealers in proportion to their pre-orders? or does it just dole out the same number of units to each dealer?  If the latter, the big dealers like KellyCo, that had piled up a lot of preorders, got shafted along with their customers.

19 hours ago, GKman said:

If you create a UPS account you should be able to check for any inbound packages to your address.

Thanks, GKman!  Found this link to UPS service that notifies you (by e-mail or text message) if a package is being sent to you:  https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page

I thought I was supposed to hear from Cabelas when the detector shipped.  Good thing I signed up this for UPS service because immediately after I did that I received this e-mail message:

Hi _____, you have a package coming tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Tuesday, 03/13/2018
Estimated Delivery Time: 11:30 AM - 03:30 PM

5 hours ago, Dubious said:

Sounds like KellyCo is overwhelmed by the Nox situation. Does anyone know if, when it sends out Equinox shipments, Minelab ships pro rata to the dealers in proportion to their pre-orders? or does it just dole out the same number of units to each dealer?  If the latter, the big dealers like KellyCo, that had piled up a lot of preorders, got shafted along with their customers.

It is becoming more evident that the second scenario is the case. Hundreds of pre orders and less than 20 have been shipped to Kellyco since shipments started. I am beginning to think Minelab is trying to run them out of business. 

Sorry but as a business owner myself that is no excuse for treating customers like dirt. I could manage that situation myself and have no sympathy for dealers that can’t. Nobody put a gun to anyone’s head to take preorders and no company should be taking more than they can manage. It has to be really tough to sit on 100 customers money while giving them nothing in return. I don’t know what the true situation is but any problems with dealers reside with the dealers themselves. Frankly, dealers are famous for trying to toss blame for situations of their own making back at the supplier. In my case I never took money from anyone until I had stock on hand because I learned long ago that delays not only can but will happen. Problem solved.

• Like 8

I found a dealer in Beaufort SC and he is very responsive and follows through on everything. Just a nice guy that I will do business with again

Today I let go of myplace in line with KellyCo. Someone else will move up one notch. I was Dec 6th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morris said:

Today I let go of myplace in line with KellyCo. Someone else will move up one notch. I was Dec 6th.

Just an FYI. I also called KellyCo and canceled this afternoon. I was told my name was in the next shipment, but enough is enough. (I fell for that line almost a month ago)

Overall, I learned a valuable lesson and look forward to working with a dealer who is willing and able and appreciates my business. Good luck everyone and especially those who ordered through KellyCo, you’re going to need it. 

• Like 1