The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

10 hours ago, Jackpine said:

You said it Steve, people posting finds while the rest of us can only read about them is the worst.

Nope, jokes about German sausage...they are the wurst  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Nope, jokes about German sausage...they are the wurst  :tongue:

Can't Knock that.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep gerry's detectors had 800s last week and I found one at earthstreasures in Montana two weeks ago the earthstreasures is a small gift/prospecting store in Bozeman may very well have one sitting there now!

15 hours ago, TrinityBigfoot said:

I received my 800 from Gerry this morning. I took to it the park and found.... pull tabs.

You must have found a Party Park. You can always make a chain out of them. That is what us kids in the 60's would do for entertainment. Many kids now days probably never seen a pull tab.  Good find :laugh:

Guest Tnsharpshooter

You might look here for one.

Was lusting after a v3i, but others above recommended against it for a relative newbie.  Ordered my 800 two days ago.  It arrived today!!!  Dont know if I'm allowed to post this, but there is a metal detecting distributor in NYC who purchased more 800s than he had orders for.  I snagged one of them, but had to pay tax as I live in NY .  I think this place is the only md shop in NYC.   Shipping via Fedex was free. Charging it up tonight as a friend got (2) 1-day permissions today on the oldest inhabited street in my upstate town.   Town was prominent in The War of 1812  :)     Not sure though whether to try Park 2 to start, with a click or two of iron bias, or maybe try one of the Field modes. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to set user mode to 5kHz, but was wondering which mode to be in first for user mode, before I change from multi-frequency.

The only place I see stock is Cabela's, and they're saying 4-7 business days for shipping.