The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

One will see.  Decided to hop off the fence last week for the 800~ user profiles, wireless set up and additional audio adjustments won me over even though the 600 was in stock when I put my penny down.  I'm in no rush, obviously, so back order does not bother me.  Kind of hoping the later units have been corrected for issues I've been reading on over the last while.

After 2 weeks shy of 7 MONTHS I finally have a tracking #.  If you are  upset about a long wait , try my wait for the 800.  Coming  UPS tomorrow from Wisconsin. It was dropped shipped.  My dealer had to call and raise some caine with Minelab about the allocations to small dealers like his. He was not recieving any 800's and only 600'.  They finnaly listened and drop shipped some of his orders. 
The looooong wait kind of took the interest out of it a bit. I am not as excited about it.  

Getting my 2nd 800 tomorrow. Ordered on Monday.. That will make two 800's and one 600.  The 2nd 800 is my grandsons birthday. 

1 hour ago, Norm S said:

Getting my 2nd 800 tomorrow. Ordered on Monday.. That will make two 800's and one 600.  The 2nd 800 is my grandsons birthday. 

Wow! Do you need another grandson...........I am available! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Morris said:

The looooong wait kind of took the interest out of it a bit. I am not as excited about it.

You've ended up with one of the worst receptions with your order, Morris.  But I suspect when you get out in the field and start finding things that, based upon previous searches and/or nearby trash targets, you decide wouldn't have been found by other detectors the excitement will be back.

• Like 1

Well there are a lot of 800's out there if you look including Cabela's The only difference with Cabela's is you have to pay tax and some dealers don't charge tax

• Like 1

Minelab got a lot of run out of it, but the shortage had to end at some point, and I guess that point is now. Already, I have seen used 800s selling for below list, and I expect some dealers will be willing to give discounts now (or soon). I have the 600, which was available pretty much all along, and I don't regret the purchase as it has probably done everything that the 800 could have done in the places I have hunted. Still, I may spring for the 800, to get those additional adjustments and modes. I'll probably wait a bit, though, to give Minelab the chance to update the firmware with bug fixes, if any. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

Minelab got a lot of run out of it, but the shortage had to end at some point, and I guess that point is now. Already, I have seen used 800s selling for below list, and I expect some dealers will be willing to give discounts now (or soon). I have the 600, which was available pretty much all along, and I don't regret the purchase as it has probably done everything that the 800 could have done in the places I have hunted. Still, I may spring for the 800, to get those additional adjustments and modes. I'll probably wait a bit, though, to give Minelab the chance to update the firmware with bug fixes, if any. 

No need to wait for bug fixes, the manual ( page 66 & 67) states that the Equinox’s software can be updated via USB. One of the many selling points that convinced me to buy it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzman said:

No need to wait for bug fixes, the manual ( page 66 & 67) states that the Equinox’s software can be updated via USB. One of the many selling points that convinced me to buy it ?

That's the theory. The reality may be different. Minelab has historically not been very forthcoming with after-sales updates of any kind, in any form. Have any owners of the Nox received, accessed, found or been notified of any updates?  I'm sure Minelab has a list at this point, and is probably incorporating some of them into the units now being built.