The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

After Minelab has had a chance to incorporate bug fixes into the units leaving its assembly line,

Not clear when this is going to happen, though.  ML has been dutifully collecting data on known bugs such as the User Profile settings reset issue, but has also been mum on any timetable for a factory-based or user-released firmware update.  Since there do not appear to be any fatal performance-based flaws out there other than what can be characterized as annoyances (from ML's perspective, not necessarily the end users' perspectives), and taking in consideration a thorough and robust firmware test period so ML can assure the "fixes" solve the issues and don't introduce other unintended consequences, it could be fully several months or a year or more before a firmware update is released for production units and/or for user installation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not clear when this is going to happen, though.  ML has been dutifully collecting data on known bugs such as the User Profile settings reset issue, but has also been mum on any timetable for a factory-based or user-released firmware update.  Since there do not appear to be any fatal performance-based flaws out there other than what can be characterized as annoyances (from ML's perspective, not necessarily the end users' perspectives), and taking in consideration a thorough and robust firmware test period so ML can assure the "fixes" solve the issues and don't introduce other unintended consequences, it could be fully several months or a year or more before a firmware update is released for production units and/or for user installation.

I have the 600, so don't have the User Profile bug. Probably, the most irritating bugs for me are the ones associated with latching pinpointing, disappearing volume on targets, much too bright backlighting, etc. Park 1 could be tweaked to do a better job with large on-edge silver coins (anomalous that it does worse on half-dollars than with dimes). Of course, the most important performance-related bugs we probably don't even know about, as you would likely need to know what the machine is capable of without the bug to even know it was there. 

Yeah, could take awhile, all right, since, as you say, there are no fatal bugs (almost better for existing owners if there were, in terms of getting timely updates); but ML will probably do it.  Hopefully, it will release firmware updates to owners of existing machines--and ideally periodically, as new things come to light; but, whatever it does, there simply isn't any good reason for ML not to incorporate bug fixes and performance tweaks into machines on its assembly line, as that will make for a more competitive product at little additional cost to ML.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2018 at 10:08 AM, SittingElf said:

Finally #1 on my Dealer's 800 list, and he's expecting to ship this upcoming week. Full military discount and Priority Mail for Military as well from him!  Worth the wait. Ordered on March 13th.

USADetectors.com 
John is great and a strong supporter of military and vets!

I'd like to thank you for that post. I'm buying an Equinox 600 from him tonight via ebay. It's been hard to research practically everything on there and find out who was 'reliable'.

Pity I can't do my ID stuff. Gonna see if I can take it on my next TDY hehe.