My First Equinox Silver!

Well done.  I concur on the small targets.

Mitchel

• Like 2

One thing I didn’t mention because I didn’t want to be the guy who looks like he’s exaggerating or hyping a story but I can’t help myself.. This site is tough!  I never use the term hunted out but this site is very tough to pull old coins out of..  I’m a bit shocked at what  I came home with..  Especially considering I was working with a limited area because of snow and I was spending a lot of time analyzing targets..  I dug a lot of weird signals just to learn the Equinox but none of these pictured  targets were  iffy signals..  In fact not a single weird iffy signal turned out to be anything good..  I also pulled several 4 to 6 inch clad coins that should not have been there.. Normally it’s only a few fresh drop surface clad.. To put this into further perspective, my friend who is extremely proficient with his V3i went home with one Indian Head cent..

I hope today’s hunt wasn’t just a fluke.. I guess time will tell.

Bryan

• Like 4

Bryan

Your report and many others like that have me itching for spring in No. Michigan.  Hopefully I have mine by then!

Tom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

One thing I didn’t mention because I didn’t want to be the guy who looks like he’s exaggerating or hyping a story but I can’t help myself.. This site is tough!  I never use the term hunted out but this site is very tough to pull old coins out of..  I’m a bit shocked at what  I came home with..  Especially considering I was working with a limited area because of snow and I was spending a lot of time analyzing targets..  I dug a lot of weird signals just to learn the Equinox but none of these pictured  targets were  iffy signals..  In fact not a single weird iffy signal turned out to be anything good..  I also pulled several 4 to 6 inch clad coins that should not have been there.. Normally it’s only a few fresh drop surface clad.. To put this into further perspective, my friend who is extremely proficient with his V3i went home with one Indian Head cent..

I hope today’s hunt wasn’t just a fluke.. I guess time will tell.

Bryan

It’s not a fluke. Saw it with my own eyes. As have quite a few other knowledgeable detectorists now. As will others, because Multi-IQ actually IS doing something different.

People who hunt highly mineralized ground are much more likely to “get” Equinox than those used to hunting milder locations.

• Like 4

Thanks for the report, Bryan.  I've been reading this forum long enough to know that you a) have some good hunting spots, and b) really know how to get the most from your detectors.  Now with an Eqx you really should be labeled "armed and dangerous!"  Even given your previous success, though, this is still very encouraging.  Couple questions:

1) Did you have to scrub hard with an abrasive to clean that Buffy?

2) What settings were you using on your Eqx?

• Like 2

Nice hunt! Congratulations!

I've seen the same thing...Iffy tone, bouncy # signals always turn out to be junk. I'm going to start calling them "junky" signals. I'm at the point  with the Equinox now where I walk on those "junky" signals and don't feel like I may have left a good target in the ground... like with some other machines.

Dean

• Like 2