Whats Wrong With This Gold Photo?

State workers outing !!!!  :cool:

• Like 1

Truly an excellent find and a testament to the skills of the operator. Thanks for posting Gerry!

You have to admit that with you we never know if a post is going to be serious or if you are in class clown mode and pulling our collective legs. I sure had no idea which way the thread was going to go. You must have been a terror in your school years! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 8 months later...

What's wrong is what's right: most people get great instructions, get put in a good gold-finding area, but don't listen carefully to the instructions (been there, done that myself), so the wrong is not listening and internalizing what needs to be done, the right was in the proper instructions they were actually given. In other words, many people go too fast, don't carefully check out threshold disturbances (not signals), and obviously what she did right was she did check out a threshold disturbance, had the patience to stick with it, and so she got the nugget that many others would walk over.

Point in case, I've worked with three rookies in the last two years, two investigate every threshold disturbance and they've got the gold to show for it, lots of nice nuggets. The other one just tears into the coil swinging trying to cover as much ground as quickly as possible waiting for a "screamer" to stop him, and for some reason, he won't believe the other two that they find nuggets by going slow and listening exceptionally carefully and then investigate any disturbance in the threshold: he can't believe that strategy works. He'd rather believe they were just lucky enough to get their coils over the gold first.

Yup, he still has no gold . . .

All the best, and thanks for the pictures and the explanation,

Lanny

• Like 5