Gent's First Dig Using Nox- Us $5 Gold Coin - ( Paul- Old California)

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Paul is a very experienced detectorist.

He is one of the nicest gent's I have have ever chatted with online.

I have never met him personally.

I actually have a piece of his equipment he has loaned me to try out.

What an amazing find with Nox.

Congrats Paul.

Couldn't happen to nicer guy.

Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links

To find a gold coin I’d have to say it’s the ultimate goal of any coin hunter. Over so many years of detecting I’ve yet to find one. 

Oh I too have a friend that found a 5 dollar gold coin on this own place. He found it on the spot where he had knocked a old house down. I told him it could be more and well worth the time looking.

The Best to all of us that yet to find one.

Chuck

Good for Paul, could not happen to a nicer guy.

OK, I am just going to say it. The number of early success stories is starting to add up to more than coincidence. This is exactly what happened with me and Equinox, but as I expressed early on I was worried maybe it was just me. I am now feeling much more comfortable that if you put Equinox in knowledgeable hands and the right ground some magic is going to happen more often than not. Not everyone everywhere of course - the great results are skewing highly towards people who hunt in mineralized ground in the west. I am guessing anywhere ground conditions make BBS/FBS into weak players are where Equinox is going to shine, plus on the beaches and in dense trash. Low mineral turf and white sand where we already know BBS/FBS works well, not so much. 

Some machines just seem lucky, and Equinox sure does seem to help make the luck happen and with ridiculous ease at times as Paul just showed. That’s all it was, luck. But it seems to happen a lot with Equinox.

• Thanks 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Steve, I know how you felt.

Me too.  But I not being involved with formal testing, I took a chance.  Too many coincidences happening with me too, trend. One's that had to be duly recognized.

I think it is a combo of things causing to happen too.