Ga-10 Guide Arm Question

Agree ++++++.  Use the guide arm every time I use the Z. Helps with control, reduces fatigue. 

The little crinkly bit of hard plastic near the lower end can be a bit weak if you accidentally catch the guide arm on something and it bends the wrong way. Found out the hard way :rolleyes:

I ran my Detector for a while  without the arm and damaged my shoulder.

It hurt for several months.

Now I use the support bar and I also detect With both arms during a trip.

DZ, so is this your idea of ideal detecting? A bit like having a car that does not handle, has no brakes, seats like an upturned beer crate, BUT will do 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds. Not everyone's idea of great.

Reg, I think we all agree that the GPZ in the body of an Equinox would be great.  And recently I have even danced with the idea of selling the Z whilst it still has warranty and getting a QED and the Equinox.  Light machines covering a pretty good range of situations.  But I just couldn’t sell the Z - I would forever wonder what I was missing.   

Unfortunately for those that want to use the Z it means using no suspension aids and ending up with orthopaedic issues or using some sort of aid and being ‘hampered’. 

I use the swing arm and when on flatter ground have been using the hip stick since Christmas. To be honest I don’t find these much of an issue but yes, I would prefer not to have to use any of it.  The hip stick is certainly a mile in front of the bloody Minelab harness the Z comes.  

It is what it is  :wink: