Is There A Technique For Al Screw Caps?

dca2

Guest Tnsharpshooter
39 minutes ago, StevenB said:

I just tried this and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think sensitivity level can be saved in the user profile.  I think User Profile only saves local settings and sensitivity is a global setting.

Yeah I think you're right.

But on those 21-23 reading warbly targets, a person can manuall run their sensitivity down and do a quick, is this a shallower target?

I wasn't thinking.

Maybe an update could be done to take away the global/semi global settings thingy with user profile program on 800 unit.  

note that the stock 5 tone ( B2 = 20)lets all parts of a screw cap ring in together.  if you were to take that cut off up to 22 or 24 they are more likely to break up.  50 tone also adds more detail to the alloys in a screw cap.  in the stock 5 tones they do sound pretty good though. cjc

This may not be exactly on point with the discussion but it's an interesting approach that may apply:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/dealing-with-bottle-crown-caps

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

This procedure in link won't work the the aluminum twist caps.

...because there is typically no mixed ferrous/non ferrous component in Al screw caps unlike with crown caps which is the basis for why the method in the link works (though simply listening for the ferrous crown cap buzz by punching the AM button is a more straight forward and convenient method IMO).

• Like 1

Im not really having trouble.  For the most part you learn what they are doing.   Deep ones come in around 10..... and you dig um.... but we dug those that deep anyway if we got a peep.   this thing IDs a bottle cap REALLY deep guys.   Another thing ive found....... they sound good but bounce around off the tip..... but oddly will either disappear or give a neg digit off the BACK of the coil.   its been working pretty well for me... ive checked enough of um lol.

17 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Im not really having trouble.  For the most part you learn what they are doing.   Deep ones come in around 10..... and you dig um.... but we dug those that deep anyway if we got a peep.   this thing IDs a bottle cap REALLY deep guys.   Another thing ive found....... they sound good but bounce around off the tip..... but oddly will either disappear or give a neg digit off the BACK of the coil.   its been working pretty well for me... ive checked enough of um lol.

Are you talking screw caps or crown caps?