General Vs High Yield

I`ve been going back and re reading all the stuff I can find that JP has written about the 7000.  One of his articles about going for bigger stuff  he recommends General/ Difficult over High Yield/Difficult, and for the last few weeks that`s the setting I`ve been using.  Still not setting the world on fire but got a funny one yesterday.  This piece came through as that lovely electronic warbly signal I like and before I disturbed the ground I tried High Yield and could just barely hear it. Switched back to General and could hear it no probs.    It only goes 0.35 g and it amazed me that General would get such a small piece better than High Yield. It was down about 8 or 9" range.  This is one of the articles where JP mentions General over High Yield https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/gpz-19-compared-to-gpz-14-nugget-dig

WIN_20180320_02_30_23_Pro - Copy.jpg

• Like 7

I had the opportunity  to check settings on an undug  8.9 gram nugget a few days ago. High Yield Normal was a screamer, High yield Difficult changed to a very loud warble and High Yield Extreme changed to a low warble. Sorry I didn't think about going to Difficult.

Norm

• Like 1

I found this also and mainly hunt in general, seems to allow better distinction of positive quiet signals, and especially so where there is depth. On surface stuff the signal seems not as pronounced as HY but I believe you get more in general most times.

• Like 2

All the Gold Modes behave differently to each other on targets, this is due to the 2 channels having cross over points where the target response is a blend of High/Low and Low/High all at the same time. This "confused" type signal can make the audio sound muted compared to a dedicated one way signal in another mode, tricking the operator into thinking the target was louder in one mode over another. This is why it pays to go over patches in a range of modes to allow for each mode to respond best on any targets that were not so obvious in the mode used previously. 

The GPZ has a larger "range" of information available compared to previous PI machines, call it resolution if you like, which means each and every target is more individual in the way ZVT responds. 

JP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very true, I have even found extra deep has found gold not particularly deep that for whatever reason was missed by HY and general.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Very true, I have even found extra deep has found gold not particularly deep that for whatever reason was missed by HY and general.  

I agree, and extra deep can answer a lot of questions when switching around on  deep targets.

• Like 1