Mike And Steve All Metal Mode Podcast

• The title was changed to Mike And Steve All Metal Mode Podcast

Look forward to it Steve. 

The previous podcast kept me entertained driving to and from work a few weeks ago.  

And then I listened to George Kinsey’s as well. 

Speaker actually has 3 different Metal Detecting shows available on it. I only realized this yesterday.

Spending a few hours in the car over the next few days so will be giving them all a bit of a try. 

Hope your nugget show goes well and they don’t lose your transmission for another 5 minutes :laugh:

• Like 1

Actually theres all metal mode, history seekers, relics radio, hardcore metal detecting, american digger, and above sight and sound.

• Thanks 1

Nice show, even if I mist it live ... go find some Stuff Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Steve,

About half way through listening - good show so far but I'm still waiting for the bit about prospecting for gold nuggets :laugh:  You two do get gabbing a bit about detectors.

I nearly ran off the road when I heard one particular tid-bit though...the GPZ 7000 HAS the capability to have discrimination built into it at some stage in the future.  Are you able to/happy to expand on this?  I thought that the prospecting community always just HOPED that this might be a possibility.  From what I heard you might know that it should definitely be a possibility in the future?  Are we just waiting for tech to catch up? 

I also understand if it is something you aren't allowed to expand on. 

Another hour in the car tomorrow will see the last part listened to  :wink:

The discrimination capability is not “built into” the GPZ7000. It’s just that unlike PI there is nothing in the ZVT technology that precludes discrimination from being added. As people who know this industry would say “don’t hold your breath” but someday. Don’t go expecting discrimination via an update either. More like how much do you think a GPZ 8000 with disc would sell for?

• Thanks 1

Discrimination on the GPZ has little to do with prospecting and everything to do with the next generation of coin, relic, and jewelry machines.

As far as prospecting goes, discrimination is an option you can use or not as you desire, if you detector includes the capability. If two nugget detectors find gold equally well, but one offers ferrous discrimination capability, I will always go with the machine that offers more capability myself. Digging everything sounds really nice until you face a situation with one thousand nails, four gold nuggets, and two hours to sort them out. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1