Divine Intervention With Equinox E600

Tiftaaft

Wow, REALLY good stuff, Tim!  Glad you "stuck around" and tried something just a little different!  You were REWARDED!!

Steve

• Like 1

Awesome keepers!  I too had a hard time trusting my machine at the start chasing deep iffy signals to only find iron.  Trust the machine m8 and you will save your back!

• Like 2

Great report.  Especially liked the discussion of target marking and comparison between the detectors.  Wonder how those marks might have sounded in various Equinox modes.  Just really illustrates the point that you need to hit a site with different detectors or at least different modes.  Diversity of tools is key.  Also, liked how you didn't give up and followed one last hunch and it paid off.

• Like 2

Awesome, awesome ................. recoveries:laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great report.  Especially liked the discussion of target marking and comparison between the detectors.  Wonder how those marks might have sounded in various Equinox modes.  Just really illustrates the point that you need to hit a site with different detectors or at least different modes.  Diversity of tools is key.  Also, liked how you didn't give up and followed one last hunch and it paid off.

That is a good comment Chase (as always).  I keep saying I am swinging several machines in one housing.. I should have done some intra-Equinox comparisons to prove it.  I will do that next time.  

• Like 1

Congratulations on your excellent finds.

What Vez said, " trust your machine". This, of course takes some time on the machine and learning it's language.

I've got maybe 70 hours on the 800 and am growing more trusting of what it is telling me. I've yet to be surprised by an iffy signal being something good. This is gonna sound obvious, but the good targets sound good. The bad targets usually have a " tell" . They just don't sound solid. Yes, I get fooled...but I would rather get fooled then to miss a keeper. I've noticed my trash finds to good finds ratio getting closer. Am I leaving a good target behind? Probably. But I don't feel like I've missed any really good ones. I use the VDI numbers as just a rough guide relying more on the sound of the tones. Which is what I guess we all do as we get to know the machine better (any machine). I don't think I will truely be one with the machine until well in to the 100+ hours mark. I sure have dug more coins with the Nox in the short time I've had it than any other. It really likes round shapes. Round shapes sound really good regardless of their composition. Anyway, I'm rambling. Great work!

Dean

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, bado1 said:

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Ramble on Dean :)  

Thank you!  Great reminders..  

• Like 1