Holy Crap! Just Saw This From News.com - Australia

SOUTH AUSTRALIA MANUFACTURING FIRM RAIDED BY FEDERAL TASKFORCE

Adelaide - A South Australian manufacturing company, located in Adelaide, was raided on Friday afternoon by an Australian Federal Police Taskforce, executing a search warrant issued on behalf of the National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme. (NICNAS).

Minelab Metal Detectors, a unit of Codan Industries, was the subject of the Taskforce Crackdown on Illegal Industrial Chemical Importation. A Police spokesperson stated that information had been developed that indicated that the company had been illegally importing a dangerous chemical used in strengthening plastics, named Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), from Indonesia. Multiple 500 liter drums of the substance were confiscated during the raid. DBP is listed by NICNAS a having an "Absolute Prohibition", and not allowed to be imported under any circumstances.

Minelab was ordered to shut down all production facilities pending the final outcome of the investigation. Employees were all released. Two senior executives of the company are being held pending an initial bond hearing

No court date has yet been set, as the Taskforce and Federal Law Enforcement agencies continue to develop charges.

Codan company Managing Director and CEO Donald McGurk stated that the company intends to cooperate and assist the government with their investigation, and hopes to minimize the impact on the subordinate unit, its employees, and customers. 

NICNAS helps protect the Australian people and the environment by assessing the risks of industrial chemicals and providing information to promote their safe use.

Their focus is the industrial use of chemicals. This covers a broad range of chemicals used in inks, plastics, adhesives, paints, glues, solvents, cosmetics, soaps and many other products.

---31 March 2018
by April Sankowsky

APRIL FOOLS!!!!  Gotcha! :biggrin:

• Haha 5

As soon as I started to read this I knew this had to be April Fools Joke.

Let me tell you how big a fool was I.

I married my first wife on this day.

Just call me Chuck Stupid Anders

A couple had their 50 year anniversary here at the church I go to. I told the wife I like what they had so well that I was going to do the same. My trouble was I’d have to have my ex and my wife now to get the 50.

Happy Easter Everybody!

Chuck

• Like 2

Ugggg i hate you, all i can think about was welp there goes my equinox, damn things are made of toxic plastic hahahaha

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Fskafish said:

Ugggg i hate you, all i can think about was welp there goes my equinox, damn things are made of toxic plastic hahahaha

Just don't spill coffee on it while you're in California otherwise the state will have to put a label on it saying that it may cause cancer.  :dry:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SittingElf said:

National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme. (NICNAS)

That is a real task force.  I think it has offices in California.

Mitchel