First Run With The 600

My first post after reading this fine forum's Nox thread a while.I've been an FBS user for over a decade with an Explorer II and a CTX,but at 68 I had to find a lighter unit for my shoulders sake.Got my 600 on Sat.,charged it and paired up my new avantree wireless and Sun. I went out to NYC park that has been a silver mine.I have found 569 silver coins here and my buds hundreds more since we have stumbled on to this park in 2009 however the silver has been drying up and my last 5 hunts have been skunks.I kept 600 settings in default park 1,only changing to 50 tone.My initial impression is it's a pleasure to swing such a light machine and i  could go all day with no pain.It is really fast  and being familiar with how numbers can bounce on Minelabs,I was able to call every coin before I dug it as a penny,dime,quarter.No deepies that I had missed before but I took it to the trashiest sites there( and NYC parks are the worst),I spot that I have pounded even with my 6" CTX coil,I managed to pop out a 47 Rosie(this a very eroded spot) at 1" and 08 Barber dime at 4"So far so good with the Nox.I will try other pounded parks in future hunts and see how it does but for $600 this thing seems like a real bargain.HH

• Like 5

Great job on the first hunt. My daughter lives in Manhattan and I've always wondered it would be like to hunt some of those parks. 

I look forward to seeing how your hunts continue.