Anderson Shafts Available Soon For Equinox

I sat here looking at my ML shaft thinking about what you said.  the middle shaft has all the holes for the spring clip and bending it would significantly reduce the length... the ML lower is only 24" long im not certain what the total length would be once put together but id guess to short.   Couldnt you use say a whites S shaft? 

Interesting about the EQ’s shaft problems. I get wet and so will my EQ so to avoid the wet wobbles and blistering I went ahead and ordered the Anderson CF replacement.

I will give an update on it when it arrives and I’ve had a chance to put it into service.

Next headphones and 6” coil.

• Thanks 1

Hey BeachHunter, where are the shafts available for ordering?

Bill

One of the design features I really like about the factory shaft is its 3 piece construction...easily broken down and packed for travel.  However, if that proves to be the source of wobble, the travel advantage isn't really an acceptable feature.  

The Anderson shaft looks to be 2 piece...not as easily packed but not as susceptible to wobble I would guess.

I'll just wait and see how mine works with the factory shaft before pulling the trigger on the Anderson shaft even though I would prefer carbon fiber.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, cobill said:

Hey BeachHunter, where are the shafts available for ordering?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I see Steve provided a link to find a dealer. Thanks

• Like 1

On 14/04/2018 at 10:47 PM, ColonelDan said:

One of the design features I really like about the factory shaft is its 3 piece construction...easily broken down and packed for travel.  However, if that proves to be the source of wobble, the travel advantage isn't really an acceptable feature.  

The Anderson shaft looks to be 2 piece...not as easily packed but not as susceptible to wobble I would guess.

I have a fair deal of wobble on mine on the top joint knuckle, the arm cuff is very wobbly as well. I am seriously looking at one of these shafts but as you said the standard one is good for travel which is a big plus for me. But if the anderson's takes out the dreaded wobble I think I might spring some coin for one.