I have 3 of them and rate them alot,terrific build quality and all work well for the various detecting situations that i use them for.In my opinion possibly the best aftermarket coils going and in some cases perform better than the factory made one for the machines.

• Like 2

I plan on getting the "snake" coil for my F19, mainly for tailing piles and hot bedrock work. This coil reminds me a lot of the Goldmaster 4x6 DD shooter elliptical which I've really come to prefer over the little round  5" puck coils for working the tightest spots.  My hope is to also increase the sensitivity some with this little DD peanut loop.........we shall see. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

It seems almost the exact same from what I can tell as the stock 5", I didn't see any major noticeable difference in anything, depth seems the same, sensitivity seems a little better to tiny gold but not much at all to justify the purchase, the Sharpshooter on the other hand seems more sensitive than the stock 5" and obviously better depth, it also gets into small places with it's design and has a hot nose on it.

I am sure you'll be happy with the Sharpshooter, it's a nice coil.  I would buy that before the Snake and you then may find you don't even need the Snake.  I wouldn't take my Sharpshooter off to put my Snake on, it's why I rarely use my Snake.  I have two Gold Bug Pro DP's, one with the Sharpshooter on it full time, the other with the Fisher 10" elliptical on it all the time.  The other coils are just put away as I never have a need to use them. 

The Sharpshooter is a 9.5" x 5.5" DD Coil, it's not the hockey puck.  

The hockey puck is the Nel Sharp.  If you already have a 5" coil, it's pointless to buy the 5" Nel as it's barely different in any way.

If you really need the tiny places to get your coil into it's worth trying the Snake, It maybe just my particular soil at that spot that places up a bit, in other locations the thing doesn't bump false at all.

The 5" from NEL is supposed to be a bit deeper on gold inc gold nugget there is a video on youtube on the beach i think.

RR