Coglan's Creek Gold Hunt

Idahogold… thankyou for sharing your experience with us. I can’t say which was more fascinating, the bacon and eggs for breakfast or finding elusive gold… both looked awfully good to me!!! 

I enjoyed the video’s relaxed atmosphere, and fully appreciated that newcomers to the hobby will certainly benefit from watching your gold recovery technique. It’s still quite a revelation to see the tiny gold that can be detected by the SDC 2300. Congratulations on finding gold, and otherwise for an entertaining and instructive video. :cool:

Jim.

• Like 2

Thanks Jim, but it's Tony's trip I was posting.....I'm w/ You Frozen in the Winter Doldrums now just Sloppy rain, drizzle, sleet, hail, wind,cycling like that every 4 hrs. "All Day Nonstop" at 4,000 ft Idaho. Like You said..."Great relaxing informative Detect" I knew it was a Great View thats why I posted it!:rolleyes:

p.s. I'd Love to detect silver w/ you (on my bucket list) because every time I see or read about detecting Ag* I Think of you? Because the post You did a long while back was the first I had ever heard "about the subject ,and the first "Silver Ore" I ever saw was on Your post!  :wub: Many Thanks Buddy" got me into learning about "Silver", That was the first time I'd ever heard about Metal Detecting for it!

Cheers James D.  - Ig

• Like 1

Hi Idahogold…. I’ve been hunting silver for 30+ years in northeastern Ontario, and have written many articles about it, occasionally profiling the utility of different VLF and PI models in those environs. Some of these were posted to Steve’s former AMDS forum, and more recently to the TreasureNet forum. Here’s a link to an example entitled Electronic Prospecting in Silver Country if you wish to view it. 

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/canada/282315-electronic-prospecting-silver-country.html

I’ve had a lot of unusual and enjoyable experiences, and sometimes managed to find good silver. It’s the entire package that interests me, hiking and exploring, photography, observing wildlife, campfire cookouts, and sleeping well outdoors. It’s been a privileged and altogether wonderful life through the pursuit of this hobby. In retrospect, I wouldn’t change anything even were it possible to do so.

For the present at least, my interest has turned to searching for non-detectable minerals such as the example depicted immediately below. In keeping with your comments, I’ve also added a multi-photo of silver.

Thanks for the nice reply, and hopefully we’ll have the chance to shoot the breeze again here. Incidentally, I quite enjoyed your post about the apparently not-so-elusive Sasquatch!!! It was an entertaining tale. Happy Trails. :smile:

Jim.
5ad7df8d1cd0f_7.2LBSODALITEMICASFBW18.JPG.72c11178944c5ca948f2843dbd6df006.JPG

20180330_203605.jpg.e00e4d7b789da09b51af134efe17b6e8.jpg

• Like 2