Small Coil Price- A Listing By One Dealer-- Seems Has Others Things "in Stock"

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Well....... how ya liking that jack mod now lol?   Why would anyone expect prices to go DOWN from the CTX accessories?   Im waiting to see the price on the waterproof phones and that cable......... hey i need a chuckle.

Dew

• Like 1

I cannot tell the difference between the minelab wireless headphones and the miccus headphones, basically identical except for the minelab sticker and they are 59.99

Equinox 600   649.99

Anderson carbon fiber shaft   149.99

6 inch coil   179.00

Miccus wireless headphones  59.99

Im good ?

16 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Well....... how ya liking that jack mod now lol?   Why would anyone expect prices to go DOWN from the CTX accessories?   Im waiting to see the price on the waterproof phones and that cable......... hey i need a chuckle.

Dew

The waterproof phones are $149

https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-waterproof-headphones-with-equinox-connector

$179 is really a better price than I was expecting for the 6" coil. I figured it would be between $249-$299. When you think about it that's only $50 more than for a Garrett carrot so when keeping things in perspective it's priced about right. 

Circumstances have kept me from hunting now for 12 straight days, my longest streak of inactivity in years. There was a point the other day I would have paid $179 just to go detecting. It's all in how you look at things. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skate said:

$179 is really a better price than I was expecting for the 6" coil. I figured it would be between $249-$299. When you think about it that's only $50 more than for a Garrett carrot so when keeping things in perspective it's priced about right. 

Circumstances have kept me from hunting now for 12 straight days, my longest streak of inactivity in years. There was a point the other day I would have paid $179 just to go detecting. It's all in how you look at things. 

Agree.  That is what making me scratch my head about the wireless accessory costs which seem out of whack with respect to the advertised cost of the "more traditional" detector accessories (e.g, the wired, waterproof headphones and the small coil).  Need to also remember that the accessory costs should not be taken as gospel until dealers are actually selling stock at those prices.

I think Minelab at it's core has a sense of superiority in terms of it's detectors and thus it's accessories. It's kind of a if you need to know how much it costs it probably will cost you too much kind of thing. I also think that we in the US are more price conscious than in other parts of the globe and in that sense maybe we're a bit entitled in that we think things should be a certain way (in terms of price). It's been stated by others that the US is not the biggest consumer of Minelab products so their business plan isn't being written to satisfy us.

Just my $.02

Africa. And gold machines, not coin detectors.

You guys have it all backwards. The high price of the WM08 just makes it easier for all us 800 owners who have one and never use it to sell it to 600 owners for a decent price, yet save them money. I don’t see anyone being put off the 600 because it would cost big bucks to add something they did not want in the first place. But if they do want one, I bet plenty of 800 owners would be happy to give theirs up for $159, a solid $100 savings for whoever buys it. Though you would have to give up your spare charger cable also so they have a way to charge it.

• Like 3