Small Coil Price- A Listing By One Dealer-- Seems Has Others Things "in Stock"

Guest Tnsharpshooter

You have a good point, Steve and it had crossed my mind, but I do occasionally use the WM08 myself.  I suppose it is a seldom used niche accessory that most 600 users will never miss in any event and I suspect ML will definitely not sell many to 600 users, as a result, regardless of the price.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Though you would have to give up your spare charger cable also so they have a way to charge it.

Now that cable alone is worth $250 to me as you are SOL if your only charge cable breaks and you have to wait for a replacement before you can use your machine again.  Lol.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Africa. And gold machines, not coin detectors.

You guys have it all backwards. The high price of the WM08 just makes it easier for all us 800 owners who have one and never use it to sell it to 600 owners for a decent price, yet save them money. I don’t see anyone being put off the 600 because it would cost big bucks to add something they did not want in the first place. But if they do want one, I bet plenty of 800 owners would be happy to give theirs up for $159, a solid $100 savings for whoever buys it. Though you would have to give up your spare charger cable also so they have a way to charge it.

I sold mine to a forum member here who lost his and needed one for far less than Minelab's asking price. I wasn't going to use it, so getting it into the hands of someone who needed it more seemed the best option. Win/win for all. 

• Like 3

I ordered a 6 "Coil on Equinox,
  the price is165.38 euros, I think it's a good price ....

12 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

I ordered a 6 "Coil on Equinox,
  the price is165.38 euros, I think it's a good price ....

That includes VAT (Sales Tax), right?  Solvakia VAT is between 20-22%.  Germany is 13%. UK is higher...so you have to figure that the actual price minus VAT is significantly lower. At the current Euro/$$ conversion rate of $1.23 to the Euro, and minus the VAT, the price he got the coil for would be $172.00.  About $25 higher than the U.S. MAP price that is being advertised here.

(After living in Germany for three years, I got very used to doing these formulas for comparison!! :tongue:)

• Thanks 1

Yes, ...includes VAT 165.38 euros....and 136.68 euros  ...without VAT-   seller is from the Czech Republic..-,dealer Minelab.... It's just me from Minelab fair price so I see it quite positively ... for  all users Equinox...:smile:

29 minutes ago, SittingElf said:

That includes VAT (Sales Tax), right?  Solvakia VAT is between 20-22%.  Germany is 13%. UK is higher...so you have to figure that the actual price minus VAT is significantly lower. At the current Euro/$$ conversion rate of $1.23 to the Euro, and minus the VAT, the price he got the coil for would be $172.00.  About $25 higher than the U.S. MAP price that is being advertised here.

(After living in Germany for three years, I got very used to doing these formulas for comparison!! :tongue:)

Lol. You lost me on the math.  The US MAP for the coil is $179, so how did you figure at $172 equivalent $ pricing that is about $25 ABOVE MAP?  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Lol. You lost me on the math.  The US MAP for the coil is $179, so how did you figure at $172 equivalent $ pricing that is about $25 ABOVE MAP?  Thanks.

Oops!  I went back a page and misread the pricing. I used the Anderson Shaft price, not the coil's. 
You are right the European price is actually LOWER than ours. At current exchange rate, Their base price in US$ is $168...and then add VAT depending on which country it is purchased in. The total price that El Nino77 paid with VAT in US equivalency is $203.00. Taxes are hard on them there, but their base price is still lower than ours, and we don't pay tax if bought from another State outside our own. Croatians, and the Danish are hit the worst, with a 25% VAT rate. Yikes!

Nonetheless, we are being squeezed! :biggrin:

• Like 2

I have a 600 and on several lists for an 800. First thing I am doing when I get ahold of the 800 is sell the WM08 module. I have zero use for it and that will cover the cost of buying a 6" coil, which I definitely will use. I had a pair of Grey Ghost custom modified with a waterproof Equinox connector and use my sons Beats Studio2 Bluetooth headphones occasionally. Yes the delay is noticeable but when I find a target I slow way down to pinpoint it. I may buy a pair of those $50 Bluetooth headphones ppl are talking about that have the apt-X Low technology...or just wait and use the ones that come with the 800.

So, apparently the United States IS Minelab's largest market for coin/relic detectors. That's what I would have expected. 

And it also makes sense that a lot of American buyers are price conscious. Many detectorists are retired and on fixed incomes without much disposable cash.