Small Coil Price- A Listing By One Dealer-- Seems Has Others Things "in Stock"

Guest Tnsharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Dubious said:

So, apparently the United States IS Minelab's largest market for coin/relic detectors. That's what I would have expected. 

And it also makes sense that a lot of American buyers are price conscious. Many detectorists are retired and on fixed incomes without much disposable cash. 

C'mon now...Everyone knows that metal detectorists are all massively rich from their finds! Isn't it obvious??!! :rolleyes::blink:

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

So, apparently the United States IS Minelab's largest market for coin/relic detectors. That's what I would have expected. 

And it also makes sense that a lot of American buyers are price conscious. Many detectorists are retired and on fixed incomes without much disposable cash. 

I missed the data validating this statement.  Which post was it in?

Skate...... then all i can say is NO ONE at ML uses those yellow phone or they wouldnt feel so superior.   Even for diving .... not the best.  They should have brought back  those BLUE headphones on the Xcals they were the BEST for working in the water.... comfort and good sound..... an longer cable that wasnt as stiff as a board.  Really...... thats a fair price on that coil.... lets see what they do with the big one.  Kind of made me stagger when i saw the WM price.   Skates ........ i think we just like a good deal now days.   ML is about marketing...... they will push it as far as WE allow.  I wont sell mine...... but ill never use mine either.   I missed the advantage of that price piece of equipment?   I used the phones bluetooth..... otherwise if i was going to use a wire...... id just plug in.   Sooooooo how much you think the cable will be $80?

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Skate...... then all i can say is NO ONE at ML uses those yellow phone or they wouldnt feel so superior.   Even for diving .... not the best.  They should have brought back  those BLUE headphones on the Xcals they were the BEST for working in the water.... comfort and good sound..... an longer cable that wasnt as stiff as a board.  Really...... thats a fair price on that coil.... lets see what they do with the big one.  Kind of made me stagger when i saw the WM price.   Skates ........ i think we just like a good deal now days.   ML is about marketing...... they will push it as far as WE allow.  I wont sell mine...... but ill never use mine either.   I missed the advantage of that price piece of equipment?   I used the phones bluetooth..... otherwise if i was going to use a wire...... id just plug in.   Sooooooo how much you think the cable will be $80?

I guess I didn't make myself clear. What I tried to say as nicely as I could was that I don't think Minelab gives two poops what anyone thinks and as such carries a certain arrogance about their stuff regardless of price. For as long as I've been detecting there has been a cry in the wilderness about how bad a company Minelab is and how they don't care and their customer service is terrible blah, blah blah. Shoot, all you had to do from September 17th until February 14th was hangout on a certain forum where people were castigating Minelab day and night and threatening to never buy another minelab again and canceling their orders. Even with all this I don't think anyone at headquarters lost sleep. Minelab is all about marketing because they rightfully are all about making the most amount of money they possibly can as they are in the business to make a huge profit. 

As I stated earlier I sold my WM08 for $100 including shipping but I was comped an extra $5 by the great gentleman here. I guess I "lost money" but I hope I gained a friend as part of the deal. I apologize if I come across as grouchy as it's not my intention but I just think way too much time is spent on the anger issues. I'm waiting for Mal over in England to come up with Surffones for the Equinox and I'll buy his just as I did when I had my CTX. You're right Minelab will continue to push things in their favor as long as consumers allow them to as that's business. Costco keeps raising their membership fees every year because suckers like me keep paying them. 

The real travesty here that no one talks about is Americans paying $2 a bottle for tap water. Big Water is killing us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yup. Water is more expensive than gasoline if it's bottled. Crazy!

Finally...... someone else said it.   I believe ive mentioned earlier how ML seems to be a mirror image of GMC and their arrogance.   Weve mentioned for years improvements needed on the Xcal..... then came the CTX.. they would have let us use it without that salt setting because they thought there wouldnt be many using it in the salt water .... wrong..... and how long did it take for them to finally provide that gasket.... both of which it took our spreading the news to finally get it fixed.  BUT...... id also say they have done more R&D and put a lot into REAL changes over many companies who just make a change to their detector name and give us version 100000 of the same thing.   Love um or hate um..... they are giving us some innovations keeping up with the NEW guys..... staying on top.  Very few want to be without a ML.

• Like 1

Any bluetooth headphones will connect to 800 without wmo8? If so I'll sell my wm08 never used for 199;)

Yep you don't need the WM08 if you are going to use BT wireless exclusively.  One caution about the "any bluetooth headphones", however.  If you want to use something other than the BT headphones that came with the 800, use APTX LL compliant BT headphones or an APTX LL compliant BT receiver and your favorite wired headphones if you want to minimize lag which becomes especially noticeable on quick coil swings over a target.